No announcement yet.
X

Aggressive Driver Situation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sign language then downshift to quick acceleration if followed loose him in the twisties to pratice out running the cops.

Comment

In my younger, irresponsible days a handful of ball bearings would have done the trick. I definitely do not advocate any type of retaliation when operating a motor vehicle. Period. There is no advantage for a confrontation. You gain nothing and risk everything.

IMO, I would look for the next public road turn and see if he/she follows. Then if I can find the nearest police station, I'd go there and sit in the parking lot on the bike (and maybe a smoke shield staredown).

Comment

Ride beside him and kick some nice sized dents into his rear and front doors not forgetting the quarter panels. Next punch out as many windows as you can before he tries to run you off the road. Follow that up with screaming obsenities inside your helmet. Pull over to the side of the road and see if he stops as well. Proceed to kick all his teeth out of his mouth and follow that up with an execution style killing. Finally get the hell outta dodge. (note I do not believe this is the best way of handling the situation and am not responsible if anyone does this)

Comment

Originally posted by Junior
          ... Possibly the guy was a fellow rider and just checking out your bike. But, ya never know.

Accelerate. The guy is driving an EXPLORER.

It could be a guy that just wanted to get a better look at the bike. Not a rider, though. A rider would have known that riding along side would make another rider nervous. When I've wanted to get a closer look at a bike on the freeway I try to get one lane over if I can. I hate cars next to me. I would have (and have) just accellerate to get away from the guy. If he persists on being a 'tard I just let him go.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by macgyver
            Ride beside him and kick some nice sized dents into his rear and front doors not forgetting the quarter panels. Next punch out as many windows as you can before he tries to run you off the road. Follow that up with screaming obsenities inside your helmet. Pull over to the side of the road and see if he stops as well. Proceed to kick all his teeth out of his mouth and follow that up with an execution style killing. Finally get the hell outta dodge. (note I do not believe this is the best way of handling the situation and am not responsible if anyone does this)

sigpic

Comment

i would probably stop on the side of the road.

if he keeps driving, good riddens. if he comes to a complete stop, he's looking for trouble.

if he stops, i would gun it and lose him. i think you would have a better chance of blowing him away and losing him for good, if he has come to a complete stop.
              One who is a Samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night... the fact that he has to die." -- The Code of the Samurai

Comment

Easy. Ride your pace. If he wants to pass, go ahead and let him pass. If he then slows down again, it's time to ramp it up to 130 for a mile or so.......
                Ron
                MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Maybe it was a hot chick checking out the Katana!
                  "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                  JOHN 16:33

Comment

i'm slowing. if he slows: i'm stopping. if he stops, i'm off the bike and we can have a conversation on equal ground. doing stupid stuff at speed with a weaving weirdo trying to pace you is just asking to crack up your bike - and the kicker there is, he gets to drive himself home, you get a ride from a red van with flashy lights and the kind of story that makes you feel like a moron when you have to tell the boys you layed the bike down at 90mph running from someone because they were driving next to you.. . .
                    maybe thats just me

Comment

This happens to me all the time. A bunch of kids around my age always think their POS car is a hotrod that can take a bike. You have to show them at first the power of the bike by speeding away a good distance until they get the clue that you have the much faster vehicle. Then you just lay back and cruise and forget all about them. I love it.
                      Project Katana

1998 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by macgyver
                        Mac's feelin tough after beating up a crackhead.

Comment

Originally posted by ronin
                          i would probably stop on the side of the road.

if he keeps driving, good riddens. if he comes to a complete stop, he's looking for trouble.

if he stops, i would gun it and lose him. i think you would have a better chance of blowing him away and losing him for good, if he has come to a complete stop.
                          Get them to slow or stop ( if they ARE messing with you) , then use your WAAAY better accel to get WAAAY away from them in a hurry , and lose them on some tisty bits or a side road if the one you're on has no twisty bits .
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

So what's the rest of the story Selby?

Comment

Mac's feelin tough after beating up a crackhead.
                              well you know.... no I just have a twisted mind...good thing I got some scruples

Comment

Wow, alot of good advice.

Personally I agree with the theory that it is better to let the buttmunch think they own the road for a while and when I feel that the novelty has worn off for them I make another attempt at passing, this time with more gusto so they can't match. If they are so ego driven that I see them coming up on me quickly then it's time to get off the road and let them go.

I hate like hell to ever back down or show any weakness, but up against a large ego cager, backing down can be the best way to see tomorrow.

Hmmm, a handfull of BB's - not a bad idea. I knew a guy who carried lemonade in one watter bottle and sand in another. When faced with a crazy cager he would spray the sticky lemonade on the windshield and follow with the sand. Very ballsy character - I wonder what ever became of him?

Eye contact is really key! Probably a hottie looking to hook up with you - too bad you missed your chance.
                                R.I.P. Marc

Comment

Working...
                                X