X

Proformance question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proformance question

I'm still looking for my first bike (which I have already decided is going to be a Katana 750... hopefully newer body style, but haven't completely decided. Now a few ?'s I have are...1) I assume that the 98+ body is the "better" preforming of the two newest body styles...is that so, or are they pretty close (750's only) and 2) I own a 300hp dsm, 0-60 in about 5.5 1/4 mile is around 13.9ish. Would the better of the two pull good against it? I know that may be a confusing question. Basically, I wanna know how well you all think a bone stock Katana 750 w/ a 250 lb rider with low experience would do against my car. It may seem like a silly question (car vs bike) but just the other day I managed to pull an 02 GSXR 600 on a roll for a little bit...he then handed my ass to my and was quick to pipe off about I'm an idiot and should just race him for slips... I returned the favor by telling him meet me in the parking lot across the highway if he's gonna be a dick...anyways. Lol, sorry I'm babbiling now. Thanks for any help!

Older Kats had a bit more oomph , newer ones are more aerodynamic . Either in the hands of a capable rider will make it into the 11's . Yes , faster than your car .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

most likely with a rider that has very little experience will loose to an 13 sec car. but an experienced rider would beat the brakes off of the car. That is only a second and some change to make a mistake, and if you don't have your shift points on point then you won't get the best out of your bike you could get. Are you going to let someone race your car and your race your bike to see which one is faster. I would say get an experienced rider and you race your bike and you drive your car.
      06 KAT 600

Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, Ignorant and Dangerous

Comment

Depends on what car, my 944 turbo is itchy for bike races, just not off the line. turbo lag takes a second, but once your in full boost you can keep the higher RPMS pushing hard. plus the car stops on the low end of 160mph, so for a 4CYL its not too shabby!

your bike should be faster than 99% of the street cars out there... watch out for that new corvette tho!
        99 Kat 6: hindle header+ carbon cannon, rear ohlins adjusty, K&N dirt mask, super jetted and flashy dyno'd, fiber-lyte pretty dash, carbon heel kicky guards, super cool solo cowl/second look seat skin combo ANNND the 520 chain conversion, super secrect perfect sprocket combo - some wicked pilot sport cup rubbers,NRC racing engine covers, fender elim kit --- any questions? FOR SALE $$$$$$$

Comment

Yea the new corvettes are insane. I was riding back home one day and one was in front of me about to get on to the highway and I was just turning on to the on ramp. He gunned it and took off and I twisted the throttle back on the Kat and I wasn't really gaining any ground on him until he let off at around 110 and than I passed him doing about 115.

Comment

plus the new corvette looks so much more "exotic" this time around, taking cues from the viper, NSX, and ferrari, and ditching a lot of old corvette style... I am trying to sell my porsche at the end of the summer so i can get a 91-96 NSX acura NSX
            99 Kat 6: hindle header+ carbon cannon, rear ohlins adjusty, K&N dirt mask, super jetted and flashy dyno'd, fiber-lyte pretty dash, carbon heel kicky guards, super cool solo cowl/second look seat skin combo ANNND the 520 chain conversion, super secrect perfect sprocket combo - some wicked pilot sport cup rubbers,NRC racing engine covers, fender elim kit --- any questions? FOR SALE $$$$$$$

Comment

Originally posted by md86
              Older Kats had a bit more oomph , newer ones are more aerodynamic . Either in the hands of a capable rider will make it into the 11's . Yes , faster than your car .
              +1

Comment

300 hp, and 13.9? 5.5 0-60? Your not hooking up at all I see. Not awd are you? Im putting down about 270, and im pulling 13.6 in the quarter with 2.1 60fts. 05 srt-4. Your in an eclipse right?
                You shut your mouth when your talking to me!!

Spread the word!! www.bikerfriend.org

Comment

Talon

Lol, yeah, 92 Talon TSi actually. And not hooking up is an understatement, lol. I got some mastercraft all seasons on there still lol. I ran it up and topped off a few centimeters past buried on the speedometer, then remembered my "H" speed rating...lol, I was lucky I guess. Yeah, it's fwd, awd is overrated imho but still have they're advantages. I've always heard the SRT4's were funny that with a good pair of tires on a stage 2 (or 3, I forget) they'de run well into the 13's stock! I ran one with my '04 SE-R Spec-v with 3 people in each and he bairly pulled on me (only had exhaust and a K&N on mine) I believe it was an '03 plain SRT4

Comment

But the Kats are not faster than a speeding bullet or speeding ticket lol
                    "Wait you are hitting me for something I might do"

Comment

Yeah, that guy w/ the Kat you were gonna race will smoke you, so stop talking all that junk to him!

I don't know how that dude in the SRT was driving...but a stock SRT w/ a MBC would do a lot more than creep away on a v-spec...

-Steve

'89 Toyota Supra Targa N/A
                      '90 Supra Turbo- mods in profile
                      '96 Kat 750-mods in profile--SOLD!!
                      '96 Honda CBR900rr -- I go outside and hump it at night.
                      '02 Honda CBR954rr -- Red, 'cause it's faster!

Comment

Originally posted by jmanor010780
                        But the Kats are not faster than a speeding bullet or speeding ticket lol

That being said..

Car vs Bike..

Bike wins the majority of the time. Simple power to weight ratio reasoning. A bone stock katana can hold its own vs most any car on the road. Most bikes in general with a decent size engine can smoke cage.

Comment

Lol, I figured so, just didn't wanna be dissapointed. And I'm not looking to race one, I'm looking to sell my car and BUY one. Thanks for all your feedback everyone! So how is it that the older ones have more umph? I'm not to fimiliar with the hp ratings on them, just been told the newer 750's run almost 100 hp. When I get one, I planned on gearing it down up front, and maybe up in the back for acceleration (considering most of the time racing is decided in the first few seconds) So is it that the older ones are just geared lower stock, or difference in torque? Thanks again!

Comment

Lol, I figured so, just didn't wanna be dissapointed. And I'm not looking to race one, I'm looking to sell my car and BUY one. Thanks for all your feedback everyone! So how is it that the older ones have more umph? I'm not to fimiliar with the hp ratings on them, just been told the newer 750's run almost 100 hp. When I get one, I planned on gearing it down up front, and maybe up in the back for acceleration (considering most of the time racing is decided in the first few seconds) So is it that the older ones are just geared lower stock, or difference in torque? Thanks again!

Comment

Sorry about that double post...having internet problems

Comment

Working...
                              X