X

Insurance help Please!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance help Please!!!!!!!!!

Hi. I am 16 years old and i just bought a 2003 GSX 600 Katana. I have never had insurance before. So i was getting quotes for 2500 a year with no collision. is this good. I also live in Ontario, Canada. Please help me out and if possible could u tell me what you pay and if i am getting a good deal.

Joe,

Personally, I'd say $2500 w/no collision is a fair price for a 16 year old with no previous driving record.

Shop around though.... check with a State Farm since they tend to be the cheapest. But since you are only 16 be prepared to pay through the nose.

No experience + No insurance history + newer motorcycle = BIG $$$$

Comment

For a 2005, I pay 230$ a year for the state minimum and no theft insurance.
      A lot of different companies offer motorcycle insurance, and their rates can vary by sometimes insane amounts. Definitly don't take the first offer you hear...

Comment

I am dealing with insurance problems myself.
        I am looking purchasing a 2000 750 Kat. I am presently insured with allstate and all Katanas are on there prohibited list which seems a little ridiculous. I could go out and spend $25000 on a fatboy and there is no issue but a $5000 kat which has better brakes, power to get you out of trouble and a better seating configuration that allows you to see whats around you: they don't want to touch it.
        I am looking at liability only and my agent tells me if he can get an exemption(since I am a more mature rider) I will be around $600 for the year.
        I am looking into a couple other companies, when I get there names I will pass them along......

Comment

I don't consider $2500 with no collision a good deal even if you are 16 years old. As a new Ontario rider with an M2, I'm paying under $1300 per year with collision. Take (and pass) a motorcycle safety couse and your insurance premiums will drop.
          "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

$2500 sounds like way too much! You need to shop around big time, and you should ask them how much cheaper it will be if you take a course...you will be very pleasantly surprised, I was!

Comment

Does nobody else remember what it was like to get insurance in Ontario when you were 16? I sure do.

FYI...some agencies have stopped giving a discount for taking the MSF course. Don't be surprised if they tell you there is no difference in price.

BUT, take the course anyways. It's WELL WORTH THE $300.

Comment

OHHHH man your a$$ is gonna hurt when they are done with you.

I'm with Primmumn (here in Ontario)
                I don't need a girlfriend... Windows goes down on me everyday!

Comment

try progressive if available in your area. by far the cheapest for me. and Tennessee requires the insurance companies to give a 10% discount for three years if you pass the msf.

Comment

State Farm was cheaper for me than Progressive of Gieco.

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

try liberty

Comment

I have taken the Motorcycle safety course.

And do you want to hear something else that is ridiculous. I got a quote for a 2002 GSXR Hayabusa for 23000 a year with no collision. I will look around some more and hopefully find a good deal.Thanx to all.

Comment

i have Drive from Progressive...

- 24yrs old
                          - 1999 Suzuki Katana 600
                          - 1000 deductables
                          - "full coverage" (loan isn't paid off yet)
                          - no layover so i can ride year-round (i wish)
                          - $401/yr

also its worth noting that even though i have no points on my license anymore... if you go back over the last 5 years you'll fine a DUI, DUS, about 4 speeding tickets, 3 accidents, numerous noise ordinance violations, a couple failure to obey a traffic signals... well... lets just say i was a dumb kid.
                          I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
                          http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

First off $2500 for a 16 year old in Ontario is pretty good.

I'm guessing you didn't bother to get insurance quotes before you bought the bike?

State farm is normally the cheapest but being 16 they may not want to touch you. Rider Plus won't since your under 25.

Open up your local phone book and start calling insurance brokers. You may want to get some quotes for Faculty insurance too.

I went and did an online quote and changed my age from 35 to 16 and the quote was $2121 so the numbers your getting are accurate.
                            Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by woobie
                              ... I went and did an online quote and changed my age from 35 to 16 and the quote was $2121 so the numbers your getting are accurate.
                              Don't you wish that it was that easy.

Comment

Working...
                              X