X

Gsx650f Hp?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gsx650f Hp?

Does anyone know the HP on this bike? Are they in dealers now? I read December? I cant find the HP rating anywhere....? How would this bike rate against my 97 Kat 600? I think the 97 has 86HP is this right?

85hp 47tq
    Last edited by Sin; 11-16-2007, 02:23 AM.
    I have two gears to beat you with and four you will never see!"

don't knock masturbation its sex with someone i love

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Comment

Year2008ManufacturerSuzukiModelGSX650FEngine TypeFour-cylinder 4-stroke DOHCEngine Displacement656ccBore & Stroke65.5 x 48.7 mmCompression Ratio11.5:1CoolingLiquid cooledFuel SystemEFIIgnitionDigital/TransistorizedStarting SystemElectricTransmissionSix-speedFinal DriveChainRake & TrailN/AWheel Base57.9 in.Front SuspensionN/ARear SuspensionN/AFront BrakeDual DiscRear BrakeDiscFront Tire120/70 ZR17Rear Tire160/60 ZR17Fuel Capacity5.0 gal. Dry Weight475 lbs.MSRP$6,999
      im assuming if the engine is the same as the new bandit 650a, it will be 77 hp 52lb/ tq, but its efi now so im guessing the power range will be more consistant and a smoothr power band.....i cant wait for someone on here to dump that motor in a pre98 600 frame....ive searched on your behalf for the last hour looking for solid numbers, but only concluded to assume its the same as the bandit..

Comment

The German Suzuki site has to list it once the model hits the market (German law; vehicles advertised must have the torque/hp specs listed in the prospectus, among other details). I just checked there and their site says that the hp/torque/top-speed specs are still being finalized/have not been released yet.
        =49]http://motorrad.suzuki.de/index.php?id=30&tx_mcproducts[motorrad_uid]=49

That tells me that Suzuki is still tinkering with the cams to decide exactly what the personality of the bike should be, and that it's virtually guaranteed it won't be the same as the Bandit 650...

Their site does have some interesting tid-bits, such as the fact that the charging system will be a 400 watt output system (significantly down from the 550 watt on the 98+ Kats). Oh, and the one in the pics ships with the BattleAxes as the stock tire...

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Last edited by The CyberPoet; 11-16-2007, 04:39 AM.
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Overhere they are available allready.

specs are 85hp @10.600 rpm, 61,5Nm @ 8.900 rpm

Comment

Thanks guys! So thats about inline with my 97 Kat then. Does anyone know the exact HP of the 97 Kat? Some places say 86 and others say 78..?

Comment

Originally posted by Eyball View Post
              Thanks guys! So thats about inline with my 97 Kat then. Does anyone know the exact HP of the 97 Kat? Some places say 86 and others say 78..?
              Yours being a 97 kat with the original engine, it has 86 HP.

On pre 98 the specs were like this:
              Power:86.00 HP (62.8 kW))Torque:58.00 Nm (5.9 kgf-m or 42.8 ft.lbs) @ 11000 RPM

They made a change to the engine for the 98 lineup and on Post 98 the specs were like this:
              Power:78.00 HP (56.9 kW)) @ 10500 RPMTorque:55.00 Nm (5.6 kgf-m or 40.6 ft.lbs) @ 10000 RPM

Sorry for my s h i t t y english, but i'm danish.

My bike... http://kortlink.dk/4dsu
              sigpic

Comment

pre 98 750 has 100 hp

Comment

Originally posted by BikerSoul View Post
                  pre 98 750 has 100 hp
                  100 hp measured at the engine output shaft. Measure it at the rear wheel (after loses to tranny & chain/sprocket interfaces) and it's typically down 12-20%.

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Amazing..

CP's bike gets stolen in the AM and he is still giving out wonderful advice to the folks here at KR the same day. Truly an amazing man....

<tipping my hat> Kudos to you, brother!

Comment

Working...
                    X