X

Oil everywhere

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil everywhere

Been having problems with my bike finally getting it running now I have an oil leak. It's coming down on my clutch side of the bike near the kick stand a lot has built up there. I let the bike run for 30 minutes yesterday and didn't pay too much attention the whole time and come out and it's smoking like crazy with fresh oil on kickstand and the ground on that side

Take it apart and look .. have fun

Comment

If you let an air-oil cooled motor run for 30 minutes while stationary, an oil leak might be the least of your problems.

Comment

As TRPUT said, you don't want to leave your motor running for that long without some cooling. It needs to have that air flow to keep temps in check.

Comment

Originally posted by 2000katstreetfighter View Post
          ...It's coming down on my clutch side of the bike near the kick stand....
          That would be the sprocket side of the engine. The clutch actuator is in the cover with a rod the goes into the block. The clutch is on the right side of the engine.
          Pull the cover, inspect the seal that the clutch rod passes thru, it may be leaking, also check the neutral switch puck it has an o-ring that seals it, it's a possible suspect as well as the seal behind the sprocket.
          While you have it apart, it's a good idea to clean the clutch actuator eccentric and re-grease it and lube your clutch cable too.
          http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
          http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
          '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
          "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
          "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

Working...
          X