No announcement yet.
X

b12 engine swap to 1993 kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your bike, if longevity is what your looking for then good luck.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Awesome. Did u use the 600 engine subframe on the b12? I was looking at picture and they don't look quite the same, but I could be mistaken.

Comment

yes 600 subframe. and what about the bikes life? have you actually compared a 600 cooler to a 1200? 600 oil cooler is wider 1200 oil cooler is longer. the 600 works just fine and doesent get to hot even in florida with 90-100 degree temps. there is no issue here.

Comment

So I picked up that b12, which didn't come with the starter and alternator. Just want to confirm, are u sure the ones off the katana won't work?
          Last edited by kevingkruse; 07-30-2014, 09:40 PM.

Comment

i need to know also...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kevingkruse View Post
              So I picked up that b12, which didn't come with the starter and alternator. Just want to confirm, are u sure the ones off the katana won't work?
              Originally posted by Million$ View Post
              i need to know also...

Alt will work with some slight mods. The gear on the end needs to be swapped out to match the drive gear on the bandit engine, as it's different on the kat.

Pretty sure the starter is the same, but it's possible that gear also is slightly diff. They can be swapped and in general I would suggest that over hacking at the wiring harness.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
              X