X

Look At This...Awesome Idea

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look At This...Awesome Idea

Hey guys I was searching the web for some different motorycle things and came across something called the ConvertiBars. Once you install these handlebars you can change you riding position from touring to hardcore sport riding. I think I would like to get these once I get my '06 Kat this April. They got great reviews so I think they would be nice to have. What do you guys think about these, would they be worth the investment of 300 bucks. Thanks for you input guys. -Tyler

Here's the Link http://www.convertibars.com/index.cfm

Years ago, we had a member install a set on a 98+ Kat and he said he liked them, but was displeased that they only permitted about an inch of adjustment otherwise his handlebars would hit the instrument surround and fairing during full lock-turns...

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

From the look of the pics, you've gotta lower the triple tree to get to the tubes. Not sure I want to lower my Kat just to be able to change riding positions.

And the complete kit cost is $390. Little steep in my opinion.

But...from the looks of the pics, you should be able to put them on and get full lock turn.
      Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
      -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
      -Terence

Comment

Interesting, but is it worth almost $400. The answer in my book is no.
        "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

Another option would be the LSL Handlebars Riser Kit. These will put actual handlebars on the Kat. But you would have an option of which bars to put on.
          How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
          How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
          How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
          How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Originally posted by squiggy
            Another option would be the LSL Handlebars Riser Kit. These will put actual handlebars on the Kat. But you would have an option of which bars to put on.
            Plus tube-style bars can easily be bent to spec by a lot of companies (or DIY).

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Main question is..is the more aggressive riding position worth all that money? as katatonic mentioned, in my opinion, probably not. The 600 kats are a bit more aggressive ergonomics than its big brother 750 anyways so you'll have that advantage right off the top.. but personally I'd take that money and use it towards other mods like upgrading the tires for starters..and perhaps an exhaust, or any number of other mods alot of us have done.

Comment

Personally, I think that a more cost effective mod would be shorter dogbones......would that not solve the "more aggressive" part of the equation? Seems to me like a slight lift in the back would not only give the bike a more aggressive stance and nimbler feel, but also provide the rider with a more "forward" riding position...even if it isn't really changing the cockpit.....

Therefore, you eliminate most of a potentially uncomfortable riding position due to an elongated reach, yet it really IS more agressive in that the bike now sits and handles more like it's SS siblings?

Just a thought.....maybe I'm wrong.
                FrankenKat 1216
                GS Fiter 816
                GSXR750! (race)

Comment

I think I like them, but not for the kat. The kat setting position is as comfortable as it can get. They might be good for an SS bike that have an agressive setting position. The handle bar can be elevated in long trips, so one's back won't hurt.
                  $400 is not much if they work as advertised. Look how much is the side fairing, which is just peice of plastic mass produced from a mold, then compare it to the low production and RD that has been put in this item.

Comment

I suspect our baseball player may be getting caught with heavy wrists because he's still at the low-end of the riding equation; in other words, he's still moving quite slow, so the wind spilling over the windshield isn't supporting his torso and lifting the weight off his wrists yet. The fact that he's in Pinellas county (FL), where traffic often moves very slowly, may also play into it... On the highway, most riders find enough wind spilling over the windshield and into their chest to get a comfortable balance, with the wind supporting the torso and unloading the hands. If you are particularly short or particularly tall (or have unusually long/short arms compared to your torso), then riser may be required to get truly comfy -- but I'd wait until you have a couple months under your belt before you make that decision...

Just my two cents.

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

bar mods are great but the kat already has a great riding position in my opinion
                      ALWAYS THE REAL!!!!

93ZX11D Candy Wine Red
                      Cardon Fiber D&D Full Exhaust,
                      Vortex Sprockets 1dwn frnt 2up back
                      She looks like Hell but is a True Battle Cat!
                      no pun intended
                      07ZX10 Special Edition Stock
                      09ZX14 in the making Need a lil more$$$1st
                      99Kat600 Custom Paint By Kali's AirBrushing, Chrome rims, Chrome GrabBar,Chrome Kickstand, Chrome Heel Gaurds, Braada Cowl,Lowered,Mesh Mod, More mods & Chrome to come

Comment

Working...
                      X