Flush mount lights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flush mount lights

I have found these lights on ebay

Has anyone used these? If you have how do they bolt in. I want to use these to replace my front signals since my bike did not come with any. I have a pre-98 and I was thinking of bolting these into the fairing and filling the existing light hole with mesh.

Let me know if this would work.

"It is no the speed that kills you. It is the sudden stop." - John Prutzman R.I.P. John.

They stick on with double sided sticky tape. You just drill a hole where you want to run the wires though, then wire them into the stock signal wires. You can get them at bike shops for a lot cheaper though, and not have to pay shipping. I think I got mine for like $15 bucks. A lot of the ones I seen are made by Lockhart Philips.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

you can use screws to put them on. Yes I have them on the tail section. Check my ride profile.
      TDA Racing/Motorsports
      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
      Who knows what is next?
      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Yeah every dealer Ive ever been too has them in there. Clear, and amber lenses,and very easy to install.

Comment

Has any one used these for there front signals? Has anyone replaced all signals with these?

"It is no the speed that kills you. It is the sudden stop." - John Prutzman R.I.P. John.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemcw
            Has any one used these for there front signals? Has anyone replaced all signals with these?
            I have a set I haven't mounted yet for the front. I will have them on there though
            TDA Racing/Motorsports
            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
            Who knows what is next?
            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

come to think of it, I still have a set of short stalks I never put on either. hhhmm, i gotta get around to doing that!

I thought of doing flush mounts on the rear, but just dunno yet.

Comment

On a pre-98 they would work fine for the front or rear... You can pick and choose the location you want them, or use the stock holes..
                --
                Sagan

Comment

Those were on mine when I bought my bike. I painted them gloss black instead of the fake CF bs.

Now that they are black I like them. I never thought about puting them in the rear also. New mod...

Comment

Fair warning. I have them on mine in the front and during daylight, cars can't see them if the bike is facing them straight-on. If you're waiting to make a left at a light, you have to angle the bike slightly away from the turn so they can see it flashing. They look way better than stock, though.
                    Crawlin' from the wreckage.

Comment

You can set it up to where those cover the holes completely AND not have to drill other holes for mounting by making some backing plates. I use to have a set on mine and that is what I did. PM me if you want more details.

Ron
                      MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

I have them all the way around mine..... Front can be put right over the stock holes......
                        '07 SV1000S
                        Power Commander III USB
                        M4/Yosh Ti Full Race Exhaust
                        Driven 520 chain kit
                        Spiegler SS Brake & Clutch lines

Comment

I just installed flush mounts for the rear of my Kat last Friday evening. I picked up a pair of LP black/clear w/ amber bulbs.

They look WAY nicer than the stock rears on my 99 Kat. I'll post a pic after I take one during the lunch break.

I mounted them by squeezing the inner edge of the tail plastic between the light housing, and a set of rubber & steel 1.25" flat washers.
                          I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
                          http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

I have some similar ones front and rear (same design withou the ghey carbon look ) . Screwed in place , cover the stock signal holes . No double-sided tape . Pretty simple , really . The rear you'd probably have to cut a hole for them , but the front they just go over the stock signal holes just fine . See miy ride profile for more details ...
                            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Follow up image of my rear signal job... i know it is slightly off topic... but i like them and want some input.

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

Picture 4
                              I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
                              http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

Working...
                              X