same/difference 600/750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• same/difference 600/750

Hi;
    I tried posting this elsewhere, but I am not allowed to.

What I would like to know is: is there is a list of 600/750 parts that interchange?

I have a 96 600 parts bike, and a 90 750 runner.

What parts swap over?

Thanks
    Mick M

(Seattle)
    Futurama: I Dated a Robot (#3.15)
    "I am Lucy Liu. Give me your spines."

everthing should swap over with minimum effort. entire front end swaps along with wheels brakes motors gas tanks and swing arms (750 is just 1.5" longer)
    seats are diff and need fabrication to swap along with gauges rear fairings and taillights.

carbs may swap but only 750 carbs on a 600 and the same goes for exhaust
    i hear heads swap but the 750 head is better.

I may be wrong and i'm sure that some one will correct me if i am. but that should be correct.
    what are you looking to swap.
    Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
    Tony
    94 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by MickM View Post
      What I would like to know is: is there is a list of 600/750 parts that interchange?

I have a 96 600 parts bike, and a 90 750 runner.

What parts swap over?
      There are alot of parts that will swap. For the bike to work/run well some parts need to be swapped together. For example, keep the 600 CDI and Carbs with the 600 engine.

600tostart just posted alot of comparison pictures between the 2 with the plastics off somewhat. There is some discusion there about it you may want to read.

KatRiders.com conversations about Suzuki Katanas
      and the days spent riding them. Includes Vintage Kats, Street Fighters, 1100 Kats Only, and Long Term Projects.

I could probably break it down to every part that will swap piece by piece, and I may even do that at some point for a write up in the future, but right now... that would just take too much time.

What parts are you wanting to swap over? Give me the list, and I'll be happy to see if I know yes/no on the swap. There are alot of minor differences you will run into, even for parts that will swap over.

For example... you can swap the rear sprockets as they bolt up the same. They will most likely have different tooth counts though.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
      X