X

Barber Motorsports

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barber Motorsports

One of three Kats on display at Barber Motorsports Museum.
    Attached Files

They were one the fast bikes at that time.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

There's not a lot on the bucket list...but visiting that place sure is!
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

It's the disney world for motorcycle loving adults. Even better when there's some kinda racing going on!

-Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Bucket List.... Added
          My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
          2007 GSXR 750

Comment

A few more. Pics don't do the place justice, I was there on Wednesday.
            Attached Files

Comment

Ive never heard of the place up until today. I watched a couple of videos about the place as well as a while slew of pictures. Place looks freaking awesome! Next time Im in the south, I am going to try to make it there, and if that doesnt work... wel.... I guess Ill just have to plan a trip to Alabamy.
              My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
              2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Not bad riding either. I took the back roads all the way back to FL. Not as good as North GA but a lot better than the roads in FL

Comment

Do they keep the collection in running order? Here is a dream job if they did! Come to work, find out what bike is do for a lap or two, when wiped down and put away, find the next bike on the list. Anyone up for some overtime?

Comment

"From my cold dead hands!"

(Quote is horribly out of context, but damned if it wouldn't apply if I had that kind of job)
                    1998 Katana 750
                    1992 Katana 1100
                    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by rschlegel View Post
                      Do they keep the collection in running order? Here is a dream job if they did! Come to work, find out what bike is do for a lap or two, when wiped down and put away, find the next bike on the list. Anyone up for some overtime?
                      Everything is supposed to be in running-restored order. But it's not quite wheels through time where Dale Walksler will walk around and fire up any bike in the building.

The ground level/garage is only open to guests during special events and it was open when I was there. They have at least 4-5 resto projects going at any one time, plus a space age machine shop to literally build any part they find they need
                      -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Oh man, Barber is simply amazing. I spent 4.5 hours there. For comparison, I spent 4 hours at the Louvre. And this is before I had a bike. It really is an amazing place.

When I was there a few years ago I had the chance to see Indycars practicing which was awesome, and Richard Petty was making some big racecar announcement in the basement/lowest level so I got to see him.

Comment

All the bikes are in running order but you can see that there is no brake fluid in the reservoirs, so I would assume no oil or gas for safety reasons. Probably would only take some fluids and a battery to go out back and turn a few laps.

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaBadass View Post
                            All the bikes are in running order but you can see that there is no brake fluid in the reservoirs, so I would assume no oil or gas for safety reasons. Probably would only take some fluids and a battery to go out back and turn a few laps.
                            I'm not sure about the oil part. I did see oil pads under quite a few of the machines
                            -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Didn't see any pads under any of them, but I was overdosing on awesomeness!!! So who knows.

Comment

Working...
                              X