X

Installing Reflective Rim Tape

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Reflective Rim Tape

Hey guys, gonna install some reflective rim tape I got off of ebay tonight. I'm thinking it's probably easiest to take both wheels off and do it while the wheels are off the bike and flat on the floor. Any suggestions and or hints on doing this. I know a lot of you have already done this.

soap and water the rim make sure it is dry and clean before applying. If the rim is cold the tape will not stick because of condensation. Go slow or the tape will crease.

check this video out [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIe8tc91J6I&feature=related"]YouTube- Wheel Stripe Sticker Decal Installation[/ame]
    Last edited by plyhockey3; 03-31-2010, 12:35 PM.
    1992 katana 600 sold to Luke
    1993 katana 600 sold
    Bandit 1250 2007

Comment

When I did mine I had the wheels off because they just came back from the powder coater. Just make sure the rims are nice and clean and take your time.

Comment

its actually harder with the wheels off.

See My Garage for mods...
        T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
        Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

Um- it was REALLY easy to put tape on. Like someone else said, just make sure the wheels are clean and dry. The tape is precurved, easy peasy- left mine on. Just had to roll the bike forward once to get the last strips on.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
          -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

if you have front and rear stands those work good. my misses did hers really good and i sucked putting my one. So my suggestion is have your girl do it and use motorcycle stands.
            Godspeed
            CSBA #1167
            Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

jus be paitent and take your time

Comment

Working...
              X