X

Poor plastic alignment

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor plastic alignment

So the PO of my bike beat the life out of the plastics. I've been restoring them the best I can, but some parts are beyond my skills. The part that is giving me the most trouble is where the left main fairings and the plastics around the gauge bezel meet. There is a very large gap between the two. The tabs on the inside ofthe main fairing that are supposed to hold the two together are snapped off. After sanding off all of the paint, I tried using my heat gun to heat up the fairing to re shape, only to have the plastic start to crack as I started working with it. Does anyone have any suggestions.....or a left fairing they are willing to part with ?
    Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
    '97 Intruder 1400

bump
    Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
    '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

bump, bump bump it up
      Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
      '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

Got a tweaked piece of plastic? Some roughed up paint? Here's the place to get some tips on repairing your Suzuki Katana.

might help
        Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

bumptastic
          Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
          '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

That's what SHE said!

Comment

so here is a pic of the problem....im hoping someone may have a solution...

Last edited by BPryz; 03-23-2010, 05:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
              '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

found out that the PO had actually fiberglassed the fairing behind where I am having the problems. So I got out my angle grinder and dremel tool and started griding away. Turns out thats why I couldnt get the fairings to bend when i heated them up. The head gun was only heating the plastic and not the fiberglass behind it. So after all the fiber glass was gone (or so i thought) i went back at it and this is what i ended up with....

there ws still just enough fiber glass back there to cause a serious crack when i started to reshape. No worries, LOCTITE EPOXY IS HERE. here is where i stand right now...waiting for it to completely cure so i can sand and hopefully be ready for paint. atleast theres no gap any more....haha
                Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
                '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

Working...
                X