X

Them pesky vacuum caps on the carbs.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Them pesky vacuum caps on the carbs.

Ok guys I don't know why but I keep blowing off them rubber caps.. Just happen to me on the way home, on decel you will here it pop off and hit the tank. So now I must ask, why would I keep having this problem? I have hoses with bolts in them right now and they still seem not to be better. I'm almost thinking I have a problem else where!?! Any ideas or knowledge on this?

They are supposed to have little metal wire clamps on them. Personally I just have the "long" caps from the auto parts store they have never come off. Perhaps you need a smaller diameter. The little metal rings are stupid expensive for what they are from Suzuki. seems to me the diameter I used were about as wide on the outside of the rubber as the outside of the actual vacume ports
    My YouTube Videos
    My motorcyle map!

Comment

If they need to just be clamped Ill just pull the tank and use a zip tie! Lol there cheap and ez to come by. I was just hopping there was nothen wrong with them carbs! Almost tired of messing with them.

Comment

To me, it sounds like something else is wrong, here. That is supposed to be a vacuum port and the cap is there to keep too much air from entering the engine. If you are getting so much positive pressure that its actually blowing the caps off, Id suspect a leaky valve seal. I could be wrong... and if I am, someone please chime in and let me know!

Comment

Those things pop off all the time if you don't have the clips on them. Nothing else is wrong, there is a reason the caps have clips on them.

Comment

Alright, cool. I dont have the clips on mine and they stay put, fine. I didnt know that positive pressure there was a common thing.

Comment

Originally posted by green_bread View Post
              I dont have the clips on mine and they stay put
              For now

Comment

There going to get zip ties after work tomorrow. I just wanted to some feed back on what you guys think, the first thing that crossed my mind was that the valves where miss adjusted and leading to a back fire.. But I don't hear such thing, thanks for the input guys!

Comment

I remember a while back, JayBell blew a cap off, and it was the one that didn't have the clip. Until that happened, I though you really didn't need them. But I guess you do.

Comment

As I've said before, I trust your word. I'll keep an eye on mine, for sure. The rubber is just too thick to get the clips on the ones I got from the auto store. They were kind of a ***** to get on in the first place because the thicker rubber makes them a little more rigid than the stock ones were, so maybe that's what's keeping them on? We could play the "what if" game all day. I would have used the clips if I could have, though.. I tried.

Comment

Well when I got the kat she did not have clips, that is why I never thought about them before. If a little clip should hold them in place I know a ziptie will! And as you state trusting arsenic's word I do to! He is the carb master it seems!

Comment

All the things I tell you, I've learned from experience I'm not just making this stuff up. I'm happy to offer my thoughts.

Comment

Working...
                        X