X

wanting some opinions.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wanting some opinions.

ok i have a 05 katana 600 with a yoshi exhaust, stage 1 jet kit, and only 14,000 miles. my wife's brother has a 1984 honda sabre 1100 completely stock and over 30,000 miles on it. him and my wife's dad thank that bike will out run mine but i really dont think it will, his bike is alot more heavier than mine and he has about 60lbs on me, this is what his bike looks like. what do u guys think?
    Attached Files

Not knowing how much Hp have gone lost since the Sabre rolled out of the factory, and not considering the increase in Hp from the stage 1 jet kit,
    power/weight ratio for the Sabre is 0.5010Hp/kg (0.2272Hp/lbs) as opposed to the Kat's 0.3846Hp/kg (0.1744Hp/lbs).
    Talking about sheer power the outcome seems pretty simple to me.
    Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

I think you could smoke him 0-60 but then he'll leave you behind as he picks up speed. just to be sure (that you'll win)- get a race bike first...oh and if you're gonna race- do it right...AT A TRACK....not on a public road.
      Last edited by Surviverguy; 08-05-2012, 11:27 AM.
      1998 Suzuki GSX750 Katana
      1980 Suzuki GS450ET
      1977 Honda XL125

Comment

what color is your bike ?
        Blue is faster BTW
        Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by rexazz2 View Post
          what color is your bike ?
          Blue is faster BTW
          red, so i guess that means i lose. lol

Comment

According to the webs.. (it's always true if it's on the webses right?...)

84 Sabre 1100 was the claimed as the fastest production bike for that year.

Aprox Rated for 11.380 seconds in 1/4 mile drag run.

The post 600 is rated for aprox 12.3 in a 1/4 mile drag run. The post 750 has been reported with runs closer to the 11.5 or so range.

But... it honestly will all come down to the riders.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

maintenance wise his bike hasnt been taken care of at all, iv only seen him change the oil once in 3 years hes had it. so id say its lost alot of compression over the years. they also think it can beat my friends r6 600 lol, my honest opinion is that the katana's are alot faster than people think, if im running 85mph i can touch 120mph in just a few seconds.

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
              According to the webs.. (it's always true if it's on the webses right?...)

84 Sabre 1100 was the claimed as the fastest production bike for that year.

Aprox Rated for 11.380 seconds in 1/4 mile drag run.

The post 600 is rated for aprox 12.3 in a 1/4 mile drag run. The post 750 has been reported with runs closer to the 11.5 or so range.

But... it honestly will all come down to the riders.

Krey
              yeah it was honda's first bike that would do 150mph. but if it comes down to riders then its a done deal, ive been racing atvs and dirt bikes for years and this is my second bike.
              Last edited by 2fast4u450; 08-05-2012, 12:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

You're gonna get eaten alive.
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Your only hope is corners lots of them lol

Comment

I wouldn't be betting slips.
                    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                    ------------------------------------------
                    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                    96 YZF 1000R

Comment

well i rode his bike today and i still dont think he would beat me, theres just not that much pick up as i thought there would be, but ill find out soon, might even go pick up a gopro.

Comment

you're ugly and your mama dresses you funny! whoops, wrong opinion.
                        never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Originally posted by KAT TOY View Post
                          you're ugly and your mama dresses you funny! whoops, wrong opinion.
                          lol.

whats the best brand of oil to run to? need to change it before next weekend.
                          Last edited by 2fast4u450; 08-05-2012, 04:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

You own a Katana. The only thing it's faster than is a bike with pedals. It's a sport touring bike, not a crotch rocket. Get use to it. If you want bragging right that you have a fast bike, a Katana was a bad choice.

Originally posted by 2fast4u450 View Post
                            whats the best brand of oil to run to? need to change it before next weekend.
                            Oil is like religion, there is a million of them and yours is wrong. There is no "best" oil. That's an opinion. I've always used Mobil 1 4T synthetic motorcycle oil , is that the best? It's the best for me.
                            Last edited by arsenic; 08-05-2012, 04:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Mobil 4T synth.
                              never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Working...
                              X