Finally happened to me...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by il_ragazzo View Post
    not wheelieing during wheelie time?
    Riding below the minimum posted speed on the highway?

Originally posted by Scout View Post
    Oh, don't delude yourselves, gentlemen...I was absolutely speeding. Between you and I, I was doing aprox 85 in a 35mph zone. Dark a$$ country road, great turns...ya'll know how it is.

I got yelled at, bitched at, and finally he gave me the choice between Disobedience of a traffic control device and Careless driving. I chose Disobedience. $110 fine, no points. He did give me a courtesy by allowing me to pick which charge I got.

The moral to the story is...I got a ticket. I aint crying, bitching or getting butt-hurt over it. I deserved it, and I will go quietly and pay it this week, like a man.
    Running 85 in a 35mph zone....a civilian would get a bunch of tickets including speeding and reckless driving an impounded bike and a trip to jail! So yeah...I wouldn't ***** over no points and just $110 either...being a cop has its perks- at times I guess. On the other hand maybe he shouldn't have "been so nice". Didn't you take an oath to serve and protect? 85 in 35 zone could have made the news. It wouldn't look too good for your department either. As a police officer shouldn't you be setting an example for the public? Word has a way of getting around. If I were you- I'd expect to be "watched" for a while.
    Last edited by Surviverguy; 08-04-2012, 01:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    1998 Suzuki GSX750 Katana
    1980 Suzuki GS450ET
    1977 Honda XL125

Comment

Originally posted by zuma View Post
      How about a defensive driving course? Easier on the insurance, ya know.
      Or maybe just some common defensive driving...(LOL)?

Originally posted by steves View Post
      In PA you are supposed to automatically lose your license if you double the limit, so I'd say he did you a big favor.
      He only did you a favor if you recognize it as such and cool it on that bike before you get into a real mess....
      Last edited by Surviverguy; 08-04-2012, 01:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      1998 Suzuki GSX750 Katana
      1980 Suzuki GS450ET
      1977 Honda XL125

Comment

yea i gotta slow down too. stinks about your performance certificate though............
        im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

You manned up Scout...... I wouldn't expect any less from you.
          sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
          ------------------------------------------
          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Surviverguy View Post
            Running 85 in a 35mph zone....a civilian would get a bunch of tickets including speeding and reckless driving an impounded bike and a trip to jail! So yeah...I wouldn't ***** over no points and just $110 either...being a cop has its perks- at times I guess. On the other hand maybe he shouldn't have "been so nice". Didn't you take an oath to serve and protect? 85 in 35 zone could have made the news. It wouldn't look too good for your department either. As a police officer shouldn't you be setting an example for the public? Word has a way of getting around. If I were you- I'd expect to be "watched" for a while.
            Or a civilian might have been let go with nothing, just because he stopped, and didnt run. There was no way he was gonna let me go with nothing, because of who I am. And I'm ok with that. I'm no better than anyone else.

As far as my oath went, I never stopped doing that. And whatever example I set, or try to, is a waste of time. Go ahead...try it. You'll end up bruised and bloody, in a gutter at worst, or alienated by folks, at best. I'm human...not perfect. I have my flaws, and riding my motorbike fast is perhaps the worst one. Kinda petty to be jumping my a$$ about, aint it? How about the example I set by owning my fu(k up, and not trying to get out of it?

Having said all that, I believe my aforementioned attitude speaks for itself.
            ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
            チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
            Semper Fi

Comment

I'm just kind of amazed you were doing 85 mph in a 35 mph zone. I think of the 35 mph zones around here and I can't even imagine doing that speed. Phew...to each his own I guess.
              Extra life.

Comment

Keep in mind, guys; we don't know what the road was like. There's some crazy low speed limits which don't seem to make any sense at all. Having some familiarity with Scout, I don't imagine this was in a residential area full of kids. Much more likely it was a school zone (outside school hours) or some other area where there is sometimes a risk but not all the time.

Let's not go jumping to conclusions and acting all preachy. I don't think there's a single one of us who hasn't occasionally exceeded the posted speed limit or coasted past a stop sign. Whether you're exceeding the limit by 1 mph or 50 is just a matter of degree. You're still breaking the law. Your judgement and maturity is all you've got at that point. I think Scout's fine on those points.
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I was speaking purely from my perspective. I wasn't deliberately trying to pass judgement.
                  Extra life.

Comment

I must say I commend you scout for owning up and not coming on
                    and posting another whining thread about tickets and cops and
                    blahblahblah. It takes integrity to do what you do for employment
                    so I wouldnt expect any less than what you did.

Comment

rough time for you. accident now a ticket. Did you have the bucket on at least?
                      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                      spammer police
                      USAF veteran
                      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                        Did you have the bucket on at least?

Nope. It was hanging on my bike, though. Looks sooo good there.

As far as the accident goes, it's a few scratches on the plastic. Who cares? It's just paint. My less experienced rider friend controlled her bike, and we both rode away after having a laugh about it. That's the important aspect of it all.

And it wasn't a school zone, Bill.

It was a back country road. Feel free to google earth it. Look for Central City, PA. Find route 160. Follow it north-ish. It was between there, and Windber, PA. Not many houses, as you'll see. Or, anything else for that matter.
                        Last edited by Scout; 08-05-2012, 12:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                        ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                        チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                        Semper Fi

Comment

Working...
                        X