X

My Kat got swiped!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Kat got swiped!!!!

No...not stolen. Sideswiped. I was riding with a friend tonight, and long story short version is, I was leading (she was behind and to my right). I signaled right, she didn't see it. I just started my turn, and she sideswiped me (aprox 30mph). Not much damage to either bike. I got a scratch on my main right side fairing, and a small crack in my signal lens. My front fender did get a wee bit bit bent when I came to a stop against a jeep that was about to pull out of the road I was turning on to. No damage to the jeep (I hit his rear driver side wheel with my front tire).

Her bike (07 SV650) lost a left side forward foot peg, and got a 1 inch crack in the tail fairing, along with some scratches.

I checked my front wheel and forks. All is good with them.

Her bike is in my garage, and I'm gonna get her a new footpeg. Ideas on where to get one overnighted, or 2nd day aired to me?

Good news is we both controlled our bikes, and stayed upright. We both rode away. I wasn't wearing a helmet (as usual) and did come close to chewing on the jeep. But all is well. Oh and...that's two. One more wreck without my helmet, and I get a set of steak knives.
    ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
    チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
    Semper Fi

That sucks man at least no one got hurt and its just a couple scratches and a footpeg. Try ronayers.com or bikebandit.com they might have overnight for some extra coin. Or try like amazon.com for a set of aftermarket pegs, now they got lightning shipping one day. Stay safe.

Heres a link to Amazon for a set of footpegs:[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Outlaw-Racing-Sportbike-Footpegs-TL1000S/dp/B007RYEBWU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1343890176&sr=8-2&keywords=sv650+footpegs"]Amazon.com: Outlaw Racing Sportbike Front Footpegs Suzuki SV 650 1000 TL1000S: Automotive[/ame] Its free shipping or 22 bucks extra for overnite
    Last edited by chrisford; 08-02-2012, 01:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

"Expedited" shipping means they order from the factory and send to you as soon as they get it. You'll wanna go aftermarket if you want something ASAP.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Thanks, guys. I appreciate your help.
        ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
        チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
        Semper Fi

Comment

Sheeeeeesh, dude. I'm glad you both managed to stay vertical. Good luck with the repairs.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Sorry to hear that Scout, I hope you get it fixed soon.
            2014 Ducati Monster 1200
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

JPcycles came through. They will have a set of Competition Werkes pegs to me in the morning. Thanks again, for ya'lls help.
              ハイどーぞバカ外人!

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
              チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
              Semper Fi

Comment

Life's never dull for ya, is it??? Glad you're ok and still have your sense of humour. I think you can do without steak knives for now.
                sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                ------------------------------------------
                89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                96 YZF 1000R

Comment

i think i would skip the steak knives and get a skid lid brother .
                  im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

Originally posted by ratgti View Post
                    i think i would skip the steak knives and get a skid lid brother .
                    He has one, just chooses not to wear it.
                    1992- project katfighter
                    2005- GSXR750
                    2001- TL1000R
                    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

I lived in California most of my life and at that time there were no helmet laws either. I now can not imagine what Would of happened if I ever crashed my bike and damaged the noggin.....

Dude .......do not take a fall to realize you might loose half of your face or head.....live life to the fullest intact.....

Glad you and the gal were not injured...........
                      sigpic
                      98 Katana 750 89 Katana 600
                      Corbin Gunfighter & Scorpion Pipe

Comment

Yikes! That could have gone really bad..... Glad you two are OK
                        My YouTube Videos
                        My motorcyle map!

Comment

So Scout.............she's just a friend?

Glad your both ok!
                          Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly!

Comment

Originally posted by davea7 View Post
                            So Scout.............she's just a friend?

Glad your both ok!
                            Well her bike IS in his garage

Comment

My bike is NOT in her garage. Take note of that.

And thanks guys. I appreciate knowing that yall are glad I/her are ok.

Nico...you know me, brother. It takes more than a wreck to make me lose my laughs.
                              ハイどーぞバカ外人!

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                              チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                              Semper Fi

Comment

Working...
                              X