No announcement yet.
X

Droped the bike at a walking role....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I almost did the same when pitting the engine in on this bike, rolled it around and set her back down to find the kick stand half up.

Comment

I managed to drop my Katana today....off a four foot high "table"....
      Fortunately, the fairings were all off the bike as I was in the process of working on it. Unfortunately the Katana landed right on top of them. The fairings came out ok- but the windshield busted into four pieces and the brake lever broke into two.

Here's what it looked like after the fall

1998 Suzuki GSX750 Katana
      1980 Suzuki GS450ET
      1977 Honda XL125

Comment

Hahaha jesus

Comment

done it twice myself it sucks all ya can do is try nt to let it slam down

Comment

That funny but not funny, you almsot have to just get out of the way at that point. I don't think there was much saving the bike for a hard fall at that point. At least it come out some what ok!

Comment

Originally posted by Surviverguy View Post
              I managed to drop my Katana today....off a four foot high "table"....
              Fortunately, the fairings were all off the bike as I was in the process of working on it. Unfortunately the Katana landed right on top of them. The fairings came out ok- but the windshield busted into four pieces and the brake lever broke into two.
              Here's what it looked like after the fall
              Jesus Christ on a pogo stick!!

Comment

I wasn't in the right position to stop it from falling- had to just let it go! I took the muffler off before letting it come all the way down to the ground. The muffler would have been crushed otherwise and was loose as I was in the process of fitting it on just before the bike started rolling away.
                1980 Suzuki GS450ET
                1977 Honda XL125

Comment

I guess we all have a little head in the a** moment! Me dropping the dropping the bike at a walking roll is better then what could have been. As for you others I Can't want till the day because I know it will happen before I get me beloved gsxr 600 or "if I have the ball's 1000.

Comment

I've almost dropped mine. Same deal...on an incline. That's when I started leaving it in first gear when I park it and push it forward as far as it will go before setting it on the stand, that way it can't roll forward any further so it doesn't try to fold that side stand back up. If it rolls backward, no big deal, the side stand will stay down. I don't know if you guys' bike has the safety switch on the stand that shuts it off if you put the side stand down with it in gear, but mine does, so I just kill the bike that way so I know it's still in gear when the stand goes down.
                    1999 GSX-600F Katana with white LED strobes under the glass, Vance and Hines muffler. Black with blue metal flakes.

Comment

Originally posted by BAHunt View Post
                      I've almost dropped mine. Same deal...on an incline. That's when I started leaving it in first gear when I park it and push it forward as far as it will go before setting it on the stand, that way it can't roll forward any further so it doesn't try to fold that side stand back up. If it rolls backward, no big deal, the side stand will stay down. I don't know if you guys' bike has the safety switch on the stand that shuts it off if you put the side stand down with it in gear, but mine does, so I just kill the bike that way so I know it's still in gear when the stand goes down.
                      Those are good ideas. I'll try that myself as well as using the centerstand more. A slight forward roll is what made mine drop.
                      1980 Suzuki GS450ET
                      1977 Honda XL125

Comment

Originally posted by Surviverguy View Post
                        Those are good ideas. I'll try that myself as well as using the centerstand more. A slight forward roll is what made mine drop.
                        Now my wife did drop it a few weeks ago trying to back up and her left foot slid out from under her and it went down and knocked the mirror off, but not much more than that. Couple almost non-existent scratches that are hardly noticeable. I need to get a drop kit to drop the back end a little so she can touch both sides a little easier.(she's only 5'6'', I'm 6'0'')
                        1999 GSX-600F Katana with white LED strobes under the glass, Vance and Hines muffler. Black with blue metal flakes.

Comment

Happened to me as well except it was down a cliff.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrdeveus View Post
                            Did you survive the crash?

Comment

Originally posted by BAHunt View Post
                              Originally posted by Mrdeveus View Post
                              Did you survive the crash?
                              never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to there level and beat you with experience.

Originally posted by GSXFJim
                              Just remember.. Stupid hurts...
                              confused katana build

Comment

Originally posted by blitz2190 View Post
                                Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X