X

Freek's 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freek's 750

I'm Freek, my name's Chris though, this is my 1993 750f!

I'm in the process of rebuilding the carbs and maybe my top end. Check out these valves...

I've only been riding for about a month. She's my first! So far I'm in a Schenko tire, brakes and rotors, new vacuum lines, carb kits, valve cover seal and plugs, wires n coils. She better run flawlessly after this.

Anyways, the idea is to get it running A1 and respray the frame, exhaust and fix the right fairing. Just a nice stock bike is all I need for now.

Thanks for looking!

welcome to KR. that's a nice looking 750 but somehow i doubt that it will stay stock for very long. at least someone took care of the first mod already and removed the ugly shovel

its a little hard to tell the valves by that pic. but as long as they don't leak, and open they way they should, they really don't need to be touched

unless someone has mentioned I'll be the first. the search button in the top bellow the banner is your friend and also take a gander at carbs 101/102 if your not familiar with them

EDIT: i saw your hello thread and yes that is a California bike.. note the small fan on the left side right by were your knee goes when you sit on it
    Last edited by boomer_95; 07-28-2012, 10:15 AM.
    if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

Welcome to KR.. nice looking bike....
      "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

I've printed off carbs 101 an have it laying next to the carbs on the work bench! They have ended up being a bigger hassle than I assumed they would. Can't get the bowl screws out and the heads just wanna strip. And I broke carb #3's plastic cap. Oh well, I'll get it! I've got all week.

...I don't much care for Cali to be honest.

The bike runs strong! My main problem was in my plug boots. Just figured while it's apart I'll fix what I know I should.

Comment

For them float bolts use vice grips. As for the bike that looks to be a very nice clean bike! Wish I had the 750, and saying stock is hard to do. Ii though I'd never go as far as I have and I still find little and big thing to change. Good luck on them carbs mine also have tosed me through a few loops!

Comment

I'm thinking about buying a dremel to cut the heads off. I missed Dreyer Motorsports. I couldn't find them online so it won't be until Friday or Monday after next that I have all the parts.

Comment

Bike looks good
              Blackdog
              DRz-400e plated
              Blue 05 750 (sold, sob)

Comment

Nice bike, welcome to KR!
                2014 Ducati Monster 1200
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm really missing out. It's like "super weekend" or something here, lots of races going on and EVERYONE is out on their bikes.

Comment

Nice looking katana there.
                    I like to see an American twin of my own Katana.

Comment

Nice bike. I'll second tbe call for vise grips. Grab the screw heads from the sides and break them loose. Once they break loose they'll come right out. Replace them with socket cap (allen head) screws, stainless if you can get them. (M-5x16 size) The valves should clean right up if you run some Seafoam in the gas.
                      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Very nice and clean bike!!!...

Comment

I'll try getting a smaller pair of vise grips. I just can't seem to get a good bite and have enough room to turn the grips.

Comment

It will take a 1/16th of a turn to brake them free.if you have to come from above and use the tips stick a samll flat head between the two and turn.

Comment

honestly what i used was a pair of cutting dikes...i mean if yu plan on doin the allen bolt swap (highly recommend) i just took them and put them on the screw like yu would vice grips nd bam done gets em very good hope this helps

Comment

Working...
                              X