Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol yea I weigh like 155 160 it really exciting to get the bike up on the center stand.

Comment

Ordered new exhaust gaskets today. Hopefully the exhaust system only has to come off one more time!
      1998 Suzuki GSX750 Katana
      1980 Suzuki GS450ET
      1977 Honda XL125

Comment

Interesting

Comment

hey just curious if any one has a link or able to know off hand what the compression should be on a 2000 kat? Trying to help out a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Exiled View Post
            hey just curious if any one has a link or able to know off hand what the compression should be on a 2000 kat? Trying to help out a friend.

2000 kat what ?

For a decent 600 roughly 140 to 200 psi

Comment

I checked the exhaust today. I found that #1 pipe didn't seat properly. loosened the header and retightened it...no exhaust leak. I put the fairings on...dropped the bike coming off the center stand...
              katana first ride 001.jpg

.picked it back up and took my first ride! It's sweet...nice and smooth and powerful and not loud at all. I'm very happy. I rode about an hour and found no issues whatsoever with anything. it handles great, steers predictable, stops great, shifts smooth and it's wicked fast.. The po told me it had an Ivan's jet kit installed. I wasn't sure how that would work with this exhaust. It's perfect! No changes needed....just needs to be riden and not dropped anymore or crashed (LOL). I've got to fix some lights that are o/o, but that's no biggie...very happy today!

Last edited by Surviverguy; 08-05-2012, 06:42 PM.
              1980 Suzuki GS450ET
              1977 Honda XL125

Comment

Originally posted by Rare83Kat View Post
                2000 kat what ?

For a decent 600 roughly 140 to 200 psi
                yea 600 ok thanks it tested 1. 80 2. 80 3. 70 4. 80
                @ surviverguy thats awesome glad it all worked out looks better with the fairings on it. Also dont drop it any more lol
                Last edited by Mr Exiled; 08-05-2012, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Exiled View Post
                  yea 600 ok thanks it tested 1. 80 2. 80 3. 70 4. 80
                  @ surviverguy thats awesome glad it all worked out looks better with the fairings on it. Also dont drop it any more lol
                  I hate dropping that bike. I always worry about damage first...then have to pick the biitch back up again,,,,which isn't fun either...so yeah...I'll try to keep the seat up....but hey- I have a knack for droppin' the Kat!
                  1980 Suzuki GS450ET
                  1977 Honda XL125

Comment

That big canister looks good nice work Survivorguy

@ mr exiled 80psi wow thats like 40 psi below service limit for a 600.

I'd repeat the compression test with the carbs off the head, check the valve clearances and repeat test.
                    Maybe even do a leak test down too. If it stays that low its time to rebuild or sell it.

Comment

Working...
                    X