Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm

So im bored and have been searching youtube. I came across a Akrapovic megaphone exhaust. My curiosity has me wondering if i could fit this to my katana.... They dont have a line for a katana but for almost all the other suzuki bikes. So what do you all think. Good idea, bad idea, If it will or wont work, and why.

Have you looked at what Akrapovic exhausts cost yet?

Comment

lol unfortunately yes just curious looking at simular systems like that. I see werkes has a system like that so what bike is most simular to a katana exhaust wise?
      Last edited by Mr Exiled; 07-23-2012, 09:21 PM.

Comment

They only made an Akrapovic exhaust for an oil cooled GSXR 1100. It was discontinued long ago. You can still find new old sock on eBay.

I have that one. It was about $1200.00. I have the GSXR 1100 engine to go with it. I also haven't tried to mount it yet, but a custom midpipe might need to be made. I'm not sure yet. Anything that is made for an Suzuki oil cooled engine, the headers will fit. But GSXR's etc. Haven't been oil cooled since 1993. As far as the mid pipe, that might have to be custom made.
        Last edited by arsenic; 07-23-2012, 09:28 PM.

Comment

http://www.parts-unlimited.com/produ...art%2F18111902 I wonder what the mesurement of the piece where it clamps is?

Comment

Dude, if that's what you're looking for, use you stock header. Go to AutoZone, buy a 2 1/2" exhaust pipe and cut it with a chop saw. Call it a day. Just a warning it will sound like poo.

Comment

lol you and autozone.....

Comment

well, if I said VatoZone I wasn't sure you'd know what I meant.

Comment

haha yea heck why not advanced or koi. I just looking around seriously at whats out there. I have already sent a message to Two brothers about getting only a mid pipe, since i already have a two brothers slip. Then i get bored and i wonder what bikes have what what they sound like and what i could retrofit to my bike for ****s and giggles.

Comment

Hmm no input from others on what bikes are similar to katana's. Hmm interesting

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Exiled View Post
                      Hmm no input from others on what bikes are similar to katana's. Hmm interesting
                      I dont understand what your question is

If you're looking for a crappy cut off exhaust I think I still have my scrap tip rolling around in the basement somewhere.
                      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                      Originally posted by soulless kaos
                      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                        Anything that is made for an Suzuki oil cooled engine, the headers will fit. But GSXR's etc. Haven't been oil cooled since 1993. As far as the mid pipe, that might have to be custom made.

Comment

[ame="http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=gp+exhaust&sitesearch=katriders.com&domains=ka triders.com"]gp exhaust site:katriders.com - Google Search[/ame]
                          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                          Originally posted by soulless kaos
                          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

similar exhausts

I bought a Hawk exhaust from PipeWerx (UK), for my 98 FW750 apparently it is the same as fitted to a Bandit (Gsf600), don't know if it helps. But without the DB killer its VERY loud.

Comment

Just incase anyone wondered what exhaust I settled on, I just ordered a mid pipe from two brothers to complete my two brothers exhaust. I had a chance to hear a yoshi pipe compared to mine and I think the two brothers wins hands down.

Comment

Working...
                              X