X
X

Rider Down

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't feel right unless I wear gear, I'm not comfortable without out. It feels very wrong to me.
    2007 Honda CBR600rr
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
    sigpic

Comment

ALWAYS WEAR YOUR GEAR. I've been "involved" (riding along with) two groups in the past week and I've seen two accidents. Both involving off/on ramps to highways and that evil evil gravel. Lost control started tank slapping and ended up slamming into gardrails or signs. Lucky nobody is seriously injuried. Just one dead GSXR and one really rashed CBR600. Actuall the CBR was last night and my friend I've know since I was 3. After all wreck was over and they cut him out of his leathers at the hospital his first question to me was....."Hows my bike?" lol true rider there. Stupid but he sure loves it. So be safe everyone!
      All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on.

Comment

Within first two weeks of riding, I was driving back from Myrtle Beach. Out of no where a big rock from 18 wheeler hits me in the faceplate with enough force to snap my head all the way back. If not wearing my helmet with full face plate I cringe at what damage it would have done to my face and know would have lost control of my kat. The cost of helmet was paid in full with just that.

Comment

In va its law. I used to live in OH and saw so many 'organ donors' out on the open highway. I believe in choice. My choice is to increase my odds of living any which way possible....that means a brain bucket.
          Now, as far as open vs full face. Typically my mode is both. In town, cruising along small back roads, etc... i'm a skull cap. Mainly so i CAN hear stuff going on around me.
          But if im on the open interstate or 2,3,4 lanes...oh its ALL full face baby.
          I caught a small pebble in the cheek, just below my dot approved eyewear...it absorbed MOST of the impact...but it felt more like someone slapped me with a stick.
          I pulled off the nearest exit and checked for blood or a gaping hole. Nothing but a welt. I learned right then. My bro in law ran into a bird with his full face and after that, he hasnt worn his half helmet since.
          "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time!" - Tolstoy

Comment

i always wear the helmet. it fits perfect and i like the protection from bugs and road debris. its a HJC IS 16 that has a built in shaded visor as well as a flip down shield. wouldnt ride without it even though its the law here in GA. sorry to here about the wreck .
            im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

Working...
            X