X

Changing rear pads

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing rear pads

I was just wondering what the procedure would be to change the rear pads on an 06 katana? I do all my pad/rotor changes on my cars but I never worked on a bike before. My current rear pads right now sound like I'm trying to stop a dump truck . Also, when you gravity bleed the lines do you just open the reservoir by the front brake lever and keep on adding fluid while the old fluid drains through? Are there seperate brake fluid reservoirs for the front and rear brakes? Thanks!

There are seperate front and rear reservoirs, the rear is back around your right heel guard. I know on my bike you just pull the caliper off, pull the pin, r and r.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Don't know about the post Kats, but on my pre you can remove the pads without removing the caliper. Pop the black plastic cover off, remove cotter pins and then pull caliper pins out. Pull out pads from the top. Reverse to put new ones in, making sure to get retaining pins under the caliper pins.
      89 Katana 750
      06 Honda CRF250R

Comment

on the post the caliper is flipped. Still possible to do, but more annoying.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
          on the post the caliper is flipped. Still possible to do, but more annoying.

Ahhhh...yeah I think I would just take the caliper off before I laid on the ground to remove the pads...
          89 Katana 750
          06 Honda CRF250R

Comment

Working...
          X