X

Do the pre 98's have a fuel filter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do the pre 98's have a fuel filter?

I've searched and can only find out that 98+ have em. My 95 does not have one but is it supposed too?
    On a side note: is there anyway to ad a center stand to my bike?
    1995 Suzuki Katana GSX600F 3,500mi. Black with Purple tank and rims. FOR SALE

Pre 98's did not come with fuel filters from the factory.

You can add a center stand if you can locate one along with all the mounting hardware.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Thank you. Will a 98+ stand work?
      1995 Suzuki Katana GSX600F 3,500mi. Black with Purple tank and rims. FOR SALE

Comment

I think the pre 98 came stock with a center stand but I'm not sure. You can add an inline fuel filter right on your fuel line to the carbs.

Comment

You can add a fuel filter, but you'll need 2 and they will need to point downwards for gravity feed.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

here's the parts microfiche for a pre 98 stand. According to the data only a 88-97 600 and 750 stand will work, I'm not saying a 98+ stand won't work, but I can't verify that it will.

Comment

Only a pre center stand will work on a pre, and only a 98+ on a 98+.

600 and 750 stands are interchangeable on the pre bikes.

I understand that they were not stock, but an option.
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

the above fiche didn't have the mounting hardware for the center stand. just remember you need two spacers, two bolts, and the two different springs and that boomerang part.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

I just added 2 fuel filters to mine, but I am having trouble routing them to point down. THe only filter I see small enough is a lawn mower filter, which I was wondering it it would have trouble flowing enough fuel. A number of people on here have added the fuel filters and its working fine though.
                  Roops Photography|facebook|
                  03 GSXR 1000
                  04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
                  Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

Careful with inline filters I recently had some on my 95 Kat as the Petcock filter had a hole
                    But I started having problems with fuel getting to the carbs !
                    When I investigated the problem I found that the ends of the filters had melted closed with the heat of the engine 😩 I ended up getting a second hand petcock with an intact filter and got rid of the inline filters 😃 Works fine now 👍🏻

Comment

Working...
                    X