X

Headed for the Dragon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headed for the Dragon

Some friends and I are heading out in the morning for an iron butt ride to the Dragon. We plan to ride over make a few passes and ride back in one day. rain is in the forcast but we're hoping for the best. if it does rain, I might spend the night and try agin monday. I am both excited and nervous about this trip as I've never ridden the dragon and it's gonna be a long haul (about 600 miles round trip). wish me luck!

Have a great trip and Ride safe!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Have A great trip. Be carefull in the rain. Let us know how it went.

Comment

Have fun .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Try and think of the dragon as just a long stretch of road with lots and lots of curves. Don't psyche yourself up too much or worry about it. Just ride your own pace and enjoy your first experience on one of the finest roads in the world.

Ride safe and be sure and let us know how it went.

Comment

Go through at a slow pace the first time at least (first several times is wiser IMHO). There are some very hairy tight turns in it when you may not expect them, if you're not familiar with the course of the road.

Ride safe, come home alive for the win!

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

good luck and take some pics.

Comment

enjoy your trip, be careful, have fun and tell all us poor saps at home all about it when you get back.

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

Have fun, just don't go into the tall grass.

Comment

And I have to go to work tomorrow....bastards....have fun,and be safe.....never mind the rain, they said it was a 90% chance of rain in upstate NY today.well me and my brother went out it looked like it could at any min. but we beat the rain and as soon as we opened our first beer it downpoured...nothing better..

Comment

The way the weather is all up and down the east coast he probably got alteast alittle wet on his ride.

Comment

whew! what a trip. took over four hours to get there as the group kept having to stop for one reason or another. the group was mostly harley guys, my nephew on his v max, and three other guys on sportbikes. the harley guys just seemed to be going wherever the road took them cause they were planning to spend the night. finally me,nephew and two of the sportbike guys ( a zx10 and gixxer 1k) broke from the group and headed for the dragon. let me tell you, the dragon commands respect and will let you know very quickly how bad a rider you are. I was quite nervous as she was a little damp from an earlier rainshower. (wich we ran through going and coming) nephew and the sportbike guys left me in the dust. I just don't have the confidence to ride that hard yet. we rode over and stopped at deals gap m/c resort for souveniers and rode back over for the trip home. overall it was a good trip (coulda done without the rain) that took longer than it should have ( we had no time for sightseeing when we got there.) I did get a couple pics at deals gap but I only took a disposable so I have to get them developed before I can post them.

Comment

Glad you had a good time. It was also nice to hear you stayed in your comfort zone and not the faster riders. Smart move on your part . I can't wait to make it down myself for a chance to ride the dragon.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_Guelph
                            Glad you had a good time. It was also nice to hear you stayed in your comfort zone and not the faster riders. Smart move on your part
                            +1!

Cheers,
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                            X