X

Trying to match paint

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to match paint

I got a seat cowl for my 02 kat. The color of my kat is the original blue and I'm trying to paint my seat cowl to match. Has anyone ever found a spray paint in the hardware or Walmart stores that match up close? If so, what color and where did you get it? Thanks!
    Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly!

Its online not in a store but check this out. I need some for mine and i found this site:

Comment

Thanks! I just came across the same site. I noticed it says you must use the proper base coat for the proper color. $33.95 for each can plus shipping. Thought about painting the cowl gloss black and the lower fairing the same so it matches. Might be a good time to spray bomb the whole bike but it's riding season and I don't have any scratches. LOL
      Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly!

Comment

Thats what i did the grab bar i bought! I said screw it the color match is too expensive ill just paint it black!

Comment

I have a 750 Kat year 95 collor RED and I have to paint the oil cover fairing.
          Please let me know where I can find Suzuki collor refference or number ??

Thank you

Comment

Please could you give me at least a direction about my question above
            thank you

Comment

Originally posted by KATANA-BRASIL View Post
              Please could you give me at least a direction about my question above
              thank you

Answered the ? in the thread about the part you want to paint.

krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Here's a suggestion, as it's what I do,....go to any reputable automotive store that will match your current paint colour to your tank and have them put it in a rattle can. That and a compatable clear. You won't be using all of both cans, and you'll have some left over for when you might rash it up. Whenn you need more, the code will be written on the can and it'll save you time.
                sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                ------------------------------------------
                89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Working...
                X