Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Mean Green to Black Beauty (getting started)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
    Jr9B? Thought they took cr9 like the rest of the world..
    The plugs in my 1100 are the JR9B, same as it states in the manual. I didn't consider they may be different between engine sizes.
    1988 GSX1100F - moving under its own power! Final assembly, carb balancing, etc.

Getting closer!!!

Comment

Big garage. Actually, I beleive that qualifies as a motor pool. Or FOB...or something. Do you have Hescos outside?

Best of luck with the refurb on the Kat! +1 on new tires. Might want to take a look at Continental Road Attack. Fair price, and good performance, with milage in the 5k to 7k range, depending on how you ride.
      ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
      チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
      Semper Fi

Comment

I would also add a chain / sprocket to your list....
        '04 Katana 1200 - B12 swap, Holeshot Stage 2 jet kit, 2 bros carbon fiber slip on cut down, 5 deg timing advance, Bandit 1200 rear wheel/180 tire w/ modified swingarm.

Comment

Yea sprocket and chain are on there, tires are actually number one. My dad took the bike to get painted, didnt ask me, was a surprise. For xmas actually all my siblings and gf got like 20 presents each, Im just sitting there, my dad tosses me a bag wrapped in bubble wrap and packaging paper, I open it up, it was the front fender. Kinda funny.

Yea my dad is checking if any of his tire guys can get bike tires, before I have to buy them from somewhere else. My dad is the president of a racing tire company, so youd figure he might know someone, but no luck.
          Green 2000 Suzuki Katana - First Bike - Project Link: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=113759

Comment

Some more photos, working on cleaning the pipes right now. Heres some after photos, and some before (note, Im not done, but put in about hours, and needed to leave):
            Before:

After:

Not great, but getting started.

NEW PAINT JOB!!!

Green 2000 Suzuki Katana - First Bike - Project Link: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=113759

Comment

Much better!
              "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

Yea im really happy with it

Comment

looks good, just keep taking your time and don't rush... you'll be more happy in the end!
                  "even one weak point is a weak point, DON'T MAKE ANY!" ~me

2006 turboed kat
                  2004 marauder 800

Comment

BTW can any1 tell me what the can is painted with? Me and my dad were trying to figure it out. I am thinking about doing a black with green trim bike (maybe blue), but no idea how to paint the can

Comment

Also any1 know a good place to get a clutch lever? Silver/chrome, not black. Aswell, do you normally buy your tires online, or in person at a store?

Comment

I just picked up chrome levers on ebay pretty cheap...$13 I think. I have yet to buy tires for mine, but there is a little garage just around the corner that replaced my plugs, new plug wires, some other stuff and they're pretty cheap. They will be putting new tires on when I need them.

Comment

It's coming along nicely...I'm partial to black anyway. I buy my tires at online at motorcyclesuperstore and highly recommend them. Free shipping on orders over $100 I believe.

Comment

Alright thanks guys. Any1 know about the paint?

Comment

seems like it would just be some high temp paint of sorts....
                              "even one weak point is a weak point, DON'T MAKE ANY!" ~me

2006 turboed kat
                              2004 marauder 800

Comment

TTT

You will need high temp paint for the headers and can(not 100% for the can but it gets hot). You can pick it up at any hardware store I think. If I remember correctly it has to be +750f and donīt buy bbq paint cause it wonīt hold
                                -Four wheels move your body... two wheels move your soul

-0 to 60 faster then your first sexual experience

Comment

Working...
                                X