X

'01 chain and sprockets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '01 chain and sprockets

A friend just bought an '01 600 and it needs a bunch of stuff. First off the chain. Is it a 520 x-ring chain? The manual states 118 link, but will a 120 matter? I am looking at HS2020's site and see the 120 link and just want to make sure it will work?

The p/o or the the p/o before that lowered the bike with homemade links and he wants to raise it back to stock, anyone know where to get stock dogbones inexpensive?

Thats all my questions right now, but I am sure there will be more.

Thanks
    Scott
    sigpic

Most are sold standard with a rounded number of links (ie 120) and you may have to remove 2 links.
    www.scrmotorcycles.com www.katanaOutlet.com
    Katana Frame Sliders
    The only fully tested and proven Katana sliders Rear sliders, 520 conversion, gas caps and more.
    98+ Slider are "CyberPoet Endorsed" R.I.P.
    I couldn't have done this without you.

Comment

stock chain size is a 530, not 520

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
      You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

530 is the usual Kat size. I ended up with a 520 chain and sprockets when ordering one last minute from the local shop, and really, not worth the quicker wear to me.

As to stock dogbones, I'm pretty sure I have a spare set of stock ones floating around in my garage somewhere. Let me know if you are interested, and I will look for them when I get home tonight.
        Pics
        Pics
        No pics yet
        Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
          530 is the usual Kat size. I ended up with a 520 chain and sprockets when ordering one last minute from the local shop, and really, not worth the quicker wear to me.

As to stock dogbones, I'm pretty sure I have a spare set of stock ones floating around in my garage somewhere. Let me know if you are interested, and I will look for them when I get home tonight.
          I couldn't remember if it was 520 or 530, so now I do. As far as the dogbones, I am talking to Jedney about a set right now, but I will let you know.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X