X

Jetting question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetting question

I need some jetting advice for a 96’ 750 that has a full exhaust, been bored, and “supposedly” had the head ported and polished. The head work I have no info on, as I’ve picked this up in pieces as a project. I’ve done a lot of jetting on quads and dirt bikes, just never this style carb.

i'll start with the existing jetting. i'm pitching the k&n and have a stock airbox on the way. the mains are 130s, 2.5 pilots, 3.5 turns out, and the needles onthe top clip. also the slide has had 2 holes drilled in the bottom of it with one plugged.

Does the hole in the slide need to be plugged?

Where would you start with the jetting for listed mods?

Where is the best place to get the jets?

Where is the best place to get the orings & gaskets for the carbs?
    Last edited by sextonjd99; 08-13-2009, 09:46 AM.

Originally posted by sextonjd99 View Post
    I need some jetting advice for a 96’ 750 that has a full exhaust, been bored, and “supposedly” had the head ported and polished. The head work I have no info on, as I’ve picked this up in pieces as a project. I’ve done a lot of jetting on quads and dirt bikes, just never this style carb.

i'll start with the existing jetting. i'm pitching the k&n and have a stock airbox on the way. the mains are 130s, 2.5 pilots, 3.5 turns out, and the needles onthe top clip. also the slide has had 2 holes drilled in the bottom of it with one plugged.

Does the hole in the slide need to be plugged?

Where would you start with the jetting for listed mods?

Where is the best place to get the jets?

Where is the best place to get the orings & gaskets for the carbs?

Why are you changing the current setup? What are you after? This would need to be answered for us to give you any suggestions on "where to go from here".

But... based on some info you already gave...

You may have a stage 3 jetkit already installed. If you put the stock airbox back on, you can just tune it down some and have a "stage 2" kit theoretically. Dynojunk appearantly markets their stage 3 as a stage 2-3 for this reason. The jet size you mentioned makes me think this is correct.

The eclip is on the top clip?.... Hrm.. they are already running it very lean then.

The slides already have the 2 holes in them. Mine have one side only with inserts to decrease the hole size. It's been so long since I saw a stock slide, I don't know if that is stock now or not. The other side is not plugged at all.

You will want to check your pilot air jet. If a stage 3 dynojunk kit was installed, instructions include drilling that jet out.

Where would I start?.... I don't know why your changing what you have...

I'm paticularly fond of FactoryPro jetkits.... I went from dynojunk and unable to ever really tune the bike to factorypro and they made it easy for me.

Any "OEM" source for the gaskets and o-rings. The all come from the same final source, so simply finding the cheapest spot to order from is the way to go. I have found Wanesville Cycle Center will beat all the online prices if you call them directly to order. They do have an online fiche, and yes... they even beat their own online prices.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

The bikes been sitting for about the last 5 or more years and had a little rust in the tank, which is being removed now. I haven't tried starting due to the rust, dead battery and dirty carbs when i bought it. I hate dealing with a finicky setup just for a few extra hp. i just want a good dependable setup.

Comment

Ok then , with an overbore (high-comp pistons or Suzi 1mm over ) , head work , and full exhaust , I'd start around 120DJ's (every maker's sizing is different , so .....) , needle somewhere in the middle , and pilot scres at a tad less than 2.5 . WSee how it acts , and go from there .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
        X