No announcement yet.
X

project "BLACK OPS"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This bike is a great example of everything i have been talking about to the street fighter newbs on KR.

Notice that he still spent around the same amount as buying new fairings.
    Notice how he used available resources around him.
    And most importantly notice this:
    Originally posted by msteiger
    I've spent many hours staring at the bike which led to many, many changes.
    This mean He stopped, and thought long and hard about the mods he wants to do. Thinking of the whys, why not's, hows, how to's, and even the what if's of every little thing in both the big picture and little details. building a streetfighter like this is 95% thinking and only 5 % doing.

Great Job msteiger It's good to see someone who can make the katana look so good with a little thought and ingenuity.
    Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
    Tony
    94 Katana 600

Comment

im at a loss for words.... i have never seen a fighter look so good....and for the most part i never did like the fighter look.... i guess i never seen one done properly... or atleast the time spent in customizing it....

the raptor front end is insane i love it...i dont like the high tale on most bikes but yours compliments the bike very very well...

also i may have missed it. if its in the previous posts.... how long from start to finish did it take you?

i retract my question just seen how long it took....
      Last edited by 2wheelin; 04-08-2012, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Thanks again guys, your comments are much appreciated.

latest update:

installed some new rubber, i went 150/70/17 and 110/70/17, but damn what a PITA to do.
        Man what a difference new tires make. I can almost drive this thing sideways!

also rebuilt the petcock and did a cleaner wire tuck.

Comment

Ya know, I've never been one for streetfighters. But that one looks good! With the exception of your pipes, that is.

Comment

wow dude thats looking awesome, loved that mask idea. keep up the good work. im hopeing once I can get my bike running at 100% i can start messing with the look of it.

keep it up

Comment

Originally posted by Lykkan View Post
              holy hell
              gonna be honest, thought it was going to be somewhat lame at first but you really know what you're doing
              good job
              I was thinking the same thing at first I was kinda like ehhhh.. and was almost about to move on but then I seen the Paintball mask headlights and being a paintballer haha that got my attention so I finished the pics and by the end you sir had me oooooo and ahhhhhing.. very very nice work LOVE the creativity you used awesome job

Comment

But you dont have bar end mirrors, so it's not a streetfighter...

Very nice creation. (hope you realize I was being sarcastic)
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

coolest one I have seen for sure!

Comment

Nice! That takes a lot of time and effort. Its looks good, way to think outside the box!

Comment

wow wow wow that looks great

Comment

im slowly putting together a project of my own and you have definetly shown me it is possible to be creative and let your own personality come through and have an amazing bike

Comment

I finally convinced myself to remove my swing arm and Herculine it. It was actually a lot easier than i thought. I went with the Cobra Commander theme. Just because i have to theme every vehicle i own and after i did the all black camo, i thought it would go perfect. I also got new resonated exhaust tips to give it an awesome sound note. lastly i added with led underbody, which isnt complete....... still have to add some to the swing arm and under the headlight. its just been too damn hot too do work.

i resized all the pics, but for some reason theyre not stickin, something must be wrong with Photobucket......

Comment

That is amazing, I hope I'm able to obtain those skillz one day!

Comment

Thanks bro. Even im surprised that i was able to create this beast.

Comment

Hey man.. What Exhaust are you running (header and the Y pipe?)
                                A hero need not speak, for when he is gone the world will speak for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X