X

93 Katana 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 Katana 750

Ther's a 93 750 that I think I can get for $2500 Cdn.

It has 50000 Km (30000 Mi) on the Odometer. There rae some small cracks around the left had mirror and a mark on the left side where the bike was dropped.

I am hoping you guys can tell me about any potential problems before I buy.

I did see a review that said Katanas may have issues at 50000 any truth to that?

Also It has stock exhaust. can i get a 4 in to 1 for a 93?

And lastly is $2500(2200 US) a good price?

Thanks in advance.

James

I have a 93 750. I'd say for that many miles with all stock equipment that might be a tad to much (unless the body was mint). If your in the market for a katana I'd say you could find a better deal. I'd pay maybe $1600 max u.s. for it....

Comment

to much money i just paid 2500 for a 93 750 12000 miles

Comment

96 Kat 750 here...
        -7,800 Mi
        -Scratched on both sides...low speed both times, mirror broke one time-fixed before I bought
        - one owner
        -runs great
        - has NOT had the 7,500 valve job...damn i gotta do that
        -other than the mentioned damage, she's damn neat mint. (garage kept)
        -2,000 USD

HTH
        -Steve

'89 Toyota Supra Targa N/A
        '90 Supra Turbo- mods in profile
        '96 Kat 750-mods in profile--SOLD!!
        '96 Honda CBR900rr -- I go outside and hump it at night.
        '02 Honda CBR954rr -- Red, 'cause it's faster!

Comment

I bought my 97 750 with 29,000kms in great shape last November for $2800Cdn. The seller was eager to get rid of it before winter.

Comment

I agree that it's probably a tad high... I paid $1600 for my '92 Kat 750 with about 15k miles on the odo.

My friend bought a '96 Kat 600 (with about 10k miles) for about $2300 last summer as well.

Comment

Thanks Guys I thought it was a little high. I will see if i can talk him down. But will likley pass. The bkie looks OK but it is Blue with Teal stickers. And would need to have the stickers removed a least and a paint job possibly to loook good for me. So if the price is high it's just not worth it.

Comment

Re: 93 Katana 750

For a bike that age I'd be asking about when the last valve adjustment/tune up was done. Also how old are the tires, brake lines, brake fluid, fork oil and the throttle and clutch cables just off the top of my head.

Originally posted by jimyed
                I did see a review that said Katanas may have issues at 50000 any truth to that?
                My 03 is sitting in the garage "resting" with just over 48,500kms on her so I'll find out soon if there's issues lol.

Masrapido had over 90,000kms on his Kat before he (I think) blew the tranny, Grimmy just pulled his engine with over 100K kms on it. If the bike is cared for and the maintenance done you should be good for a while with 50k on the odo.
                Kyle

Comment

I got my wifes 92 750 16k, jetted and vance and hines full race exhaust on 600 frame. $1000. Only from experience if a bike hasnt been properly maintnacned bike with 30k or more and for sale tend t have alot of problems.

I recommend looking somewhere else. Im thinking about selling mine. Needs clutch work. If interested I talk to the wife.
                  www.scrmotorcycles.com www.katanaOutlet.com
                  Katana Frame Sliders
                  The only fully tested and proven Katana sliders Rear sliders, 520 conversion, gas caps and more.
                  98+ Slider are "CyberPoet Endorsed" R.I.P.
                  I couldn't have done this without you.

Comment

Originally posted by jimyed
                    The bkie looks OK but it is Blue with Teal stickers.
                    Yeah , the paint under those stickers actually looks pretty good . And as long as the bike has been treated well , the milage ain't all THAT terrible .
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                    X