No announcement yet.
X

Corbin Seat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That $170 includes new foam and new leather... You should be able to find a local upholstery shop that will recover it in flat leather cheaper, esp. if there's no foam work involved -- shop around.

I do have one question:
    Is the pan on the Corbin you nabbed a stock (black plastic) Suzuki pan, or a real (fiberglass) corbin pan? If it's the actual Corbin pan, don't let the pan go even if you want to order a new one -- Corbin doesn't make their pans for the pre-98's any more and as a result, you'd have to send them a suzuki seat to use the seat pan out of...

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by KansasKat
      Mine doesn't feel lower and i'm 6'0". It just feels wider.
      They can definately feel alittle bit sloppy when you go from a nice corbin to the stock seat and back again..but once you get used to it u wonder how you ever survived without it on long rides

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
        That $170 includes new foam and new leather... You should be able to find a local upholstery shop that will recover it in flat leather cheaper, esp. if there's no foam work involved -- shop around.
        I agree... I'll check with a few local shops and see what I can find!

I do have one question:
        Is the pan on the Corbin you nabbed a stock (black plastic) Suzuki pan, or a real (fiberglass) corbin pan? If it's the actual Corbin pan, don't let the pan go even if you want to order a new one -- Corbin doesn't make their pans for the pre-98's any more and as a result, you'd have to send them a suzuki seat to use the seat pan out of...
        It is an original Corbin fiberglass pan... and yes, it wouldn't make much sense to let it go! I'll let everyone know when I get around to doing something with it (otherwise I'll still ride it as-is in the mean time).

Comment

Working...
        X