X

Finally Ive got a pic!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally Ive got a pic!!

my avatar and profile now reflects my actual 88 kat 600 that i bought in early march for $2,500. it has a silverish metal flake paint which the previous owner did a decent job of doing. it has 11,000 miles on it and the engine was rebuilt by the previous owner. it has never been dropped as far as i know and the fairings are in great shape I know the pic is not the greatest. i had to move it into the kitchen to get some decent light. there will be more pics to come. tell me what you think. by the way the wheels are the stock white color still but i will be painting them red or black in the near future. any suggestions??

Is that in your kitchen , my wife would kill me
    Kyle

Comment

Yup i have more pics where you can see the fridge

Comment

thats what i am forced to do when i dont have a garage. it is actually kept in the living room which is right beside the kitchen. nothing like the smell of a motorcycle when you go into the living room. i tell everyone it is my air freshner

Comment

holy crap... i want to put mine in my living room! wait, that is what my garage is for... isnt it?

I DARE YOU TO SMOKE THE TIRE IN THE KITCHEN!!!!! DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU! its not like she will EVER know....

"hey honey, what is this black streak on the kitchen floor"
          "I dont know, it just showed up when i made us some new air freshener for the house"

nothing makes a house smell like home like burnt rubber! lol
          Without Fuel, Fire, and Compression- Air just seems useless!

Comment

Dont tempt me i was looking at the nice vinyl floor and thinking the same thing. i had to force myself not to do it. i could see her coming into the kitchen "what are you doing?? just making some more air freshner. its better than Glades or those scented candles and i get to have fun doing it to. nothing like the smell of burning rubber/burning vinyl floor/tacos i made lastnight smell mmmmhm

Comment

man my wife would kill me too!nice kitchen too.your bike is nice.can you do a wheelie in the house?i dare you to sync the carbs in there.LOL dont do it

Comment

Bike looks nice, but in the kitchen? I'd never get away with that one.

From the pic it's hard to tell, but I think the wheels would look better black, not red. I'd also probably change with windscreen to a dark smoke and the handgrips to carbon fiber or black. The red doesn't seem to really match the color of the bike, but the picture isn't all that clear...

Then some carbon fiber barends and levers and your good to go! Good luck with the bike and buy a cover for crying out loud so you can put it outside. Otherwise your girl might lose her patience and you'll wind up having to live on that thing
                ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

Thanks yellowkat for your input. i wasn't sure whether i should keep the red or just change everything to black and carbon fiber. i believe the original color of the bike was red which would explain the red grips and the red windscreen. its such an odd color i'm just having trouble thinking what colors would go good with it. the bike is like a grayish color almost like gunmetal. i think black or carbon fiber would really add a nice touch as well. one thing i like about the seat is that it matches the bike pretty good so i think i will leave that alone. i will be sure to take better (pics outside) so it is more clear. does anyone know where i can get a gray or carbon fiber windscreen??

Comment

Well, I like the zero gravity windscreens 'cause I have one on my Kat and had one on my Gixxer. I bought them both on eBay. Actually, I bought from this guy and he has a smoked one for sale now:

These are FACTORY SECONDS, but I couldn't find any blemishes on mine and it fit perfectly. I took a chance because the windscreen was cheap, but you may not wanna take the risk.

You can do a search and probably find carbon fiber windscreens in a lot of places (even eBay). I usually buy stuff for my bike from www.bikebandit.com but I have seen others who like www.ronayers.com I'm sure if you take a quick look around you'll find what you're looking for.

And don't forget to shop for that bike cover
                    ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

thanks again for the info guess what i do have a bike cover but where i live i dont feel safe leaving it outside. its not like i live in the ghetto or anything like that but i have heard to many stories of people losing their bikes never to have seen them again. and thats not whats happening to my baby my first bike. it stays in the living room which is really just an extra room that has nothing in it. it would be funny to keep it in the kitchen though "hey hunny can you pass me the bread...its right below the silencer pipe" thanks for the links i will surley check them out and when i get extra money i will turn my bike into a completly black bike with some carbon fiber acessories. i like how the previos owner stripped off the badges which kinda makes it look like a sleeper.

Comment

did my kat come with two silencer pipes on it. i know the guy told me it was a 4 into 1 exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by shagg_9

I DARE YOU TO SMOKE THE TIRE IN THE KITCHEN!!!!! DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU! its not like she will EVER know....

"hey honey, what is this black streak on the kitchen floor"
                          "I dont know, it just showed up when i made us some new air freshener for the house"

nothing makes a house smell like home like burnt rubber! lol
                          You mean like this: http://videos.streetfire.net/hottest...14F1F4E8E9.htm p.s. have a little patience with the movie to load - but it's worth it...

Comment

I kinda like the white rims myself from that pic, its unique. We'll get some good pics out on the ride this weekend too

Comment

Why was the engine rebuilt ?
                              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                              X