X

New Kat Rider

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Kat Rider

I'm a new Kat rider coming from a lifetime of VFR's. I have to say I am uber impressed. I picked up a 2000 Katana "maroon" with 11k on it for $600. It sat in the sun for I'm guessing two years. The plastic, other then scratches, is perfect.

All it took was having the top end ultra sound cleaned, rejet the carbs, new rubber and inspect all rubber hoses, cables and for safety sake, new sprocket and chain. This thing moves and handles incredible. Now I am waiting for all the body parts to return from paint after using the bikes original paint code and color rite. Incredibly the bike sat uncovered the whole time. The match is perfect. But I'm not done yet! I have a clean perfect canvas to work with. Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated. Heres what I have left.

NEED HELP WITH THIS

Handle bar area plastic: "fade black switches" restore
    Rims: clean and restore "chipped and crusty looking"
    Starter Gear Cover: "flaking"
    Fuel cap & support ring: replace

Any advice tips, tricks or idea's are welcome. I believe it's not what the bike is worth or how much you spent or will spend on it. It's about the ride and the life experience.

Welcome to KR.
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

How does the Katana compare to the VFR? I have been looking to update my '83 GS850 and have narrowed it down to a newer Kat or vfr.

Comment

never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Welcome!
          sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
          1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
          2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
          First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
          Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Originally posted by zombie View Post
            How does the Katana compare to the VFR? I have been looking to update my '83 GS850 and have narrowed it down to a newer Kat or vfr.
            I would have to go with the Katana. Having had both now, I find the Katana much easier to work on. Very responsive and handles incredible. They are both solid reliable bikes but my new experience with Katana has already made me forget my last VFR.

Comment

Hay man welcome to the site. Hope you get the info you need.
              2003 gsx600 katana running yeppy lol

I am a missouri boy proud and free a son of the south dont tread on me

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                2014 Ducati Monster 1200
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                  '94 Katana 600
                  '93 Mazda RX-7

“Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.”
                  ― Jeremy Clarkson

Comment

welcome!!!.

Comment

Originally posted by voyagerr2 View Post
                      NEED HELP WITH THIS

Handle bar area plastic: "fade black switches" restore
                      I was about to try some of the "Black Restore" stuff at the auto store this week. Heard it works well.

Krey
                      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
                      X