Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Vance and hines supersport 4-1 exhaust questions, can it cause lean issue?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is the stock flasher located?

Looking at battery's and there costs. Wat is a good place to get them? Are the lithium batteries worth it? Bc it looks like u can't use a regular trickle charger on them and therefore u need a special batt charger. Wat would u guys choose?
    1990 TURBO Kat 600 G15 hidden turbo 12psi
    fender eliminator w/led integrated tail light
    55w dual HID bixenon projector w/halo, blue lighting
    R6 shock, Custom billet mirrors, oil temp/boost gauges
    Post rim swap 170/120 tires, EBC pads/rotors, G&J lines

Comment

I use the cheap Walmart batteries but as stayed they don't last long...
      My next battery is probably gonna come from gsxf Jim as it's smaller and virtually no maintenance...
      Flashers here
      Questions, answers and posts pertaining to electrical mods and problems
      1995 Suzuki Katana 750 (Undergoing changes)
      1982 Honda GL500 Silverwing(Sold)
      Project Death Machine (Custom built reverse trike by me)

Comment

Thanks, I figured it out a little after the post. I went to the store and got a electronic one ( a little more money) and can be used with up to 6 blinkers, or 2 headlamps. Came back and took over an hour to figure out why it wasn't working with the new flasher. I had to take apart the stock plug and switch the terminals bc they were backwards in the stock plug for the electronic one. Taking out the terminals was a PITA!!!!

Got it all back together and it works, I tinted the front lenses as well a little to match the rear smoked ones. Not sure but will the small LED turn signals be a problem for something like the actual DMV driving test? I hope not.

Any way here as some pics of the before and after tail modding.

Also my local autozone/advance auto have motorcycle batteries, called mega something, they are sealed maintenance free units with glass matt or something. They wanted $107 for it plus the core drop off and i think it only had a 6 month warranty.

I figured if Im going to spend 100$ on a battery I might as well get something prob a little better for an extra 50$ or so.
        Attached Files

Comment

Also I would like to contact gsxf Jim about those batteries but I can't find him in a search. See how much he sells them for.

Comment

GSXFJim

Comment

I'm running one of those AGM batteries from autozone right now. It's started my bike the two times I've ridden this season without a hitch and without being on a charger...though I really should hook the tender back up as I'm probably done for the season.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

AGM battery? They are magna power brand. It's nice to just get one locally and I want a maintenance free battery that will last a good while. 107$ for a glass Matt battery seems like a lot when I see some Of the higher end batteries for like 130-160$.

Comment

Originally posted by 91_gsx600F katana View Post
                  AGM battery? They are magna power brand. It's nice to just get one locally and I want a maintenance free battery that will last a good while. 107$ for a glass Matt battery seems like a lot when I see some Of the higher end batteries for like 130-160$.
                  AGM = absorbed glass mat

I'm running the Magna battery as well, had to modify the terminals to fit a little bit but eh what do you expect.
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Whats the different between the AGM and the regular acid batteries? besides being maintenance free.

Comment

Originally posted by 91_gsx600F katana View Post
                      Whats the different between the AGM and the regular acid batteries? besides being maintenance free.

Nothing really otherwise, other than lasting longer because they don't depend on you to maintenance them.

Krey
                      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

got the Shoria battery from GSXF JIM and should be here end of the week/next week. At the cost of the glass matt at 107$ the extra 30$ i think was worth it. WEll see how it does when I get it.

Comment

Working...
                        X