X

Small sprocket issues

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small sprocket issues

I have had way too much down time this month not riding because I had to save for a new set of tires. I got Bridgestone Battlax Sport Touring tires and they are wonderful on the Kat. I know it sounds silly but I like the way they handle better than I did my Pilot Power 2CTs, although my skill level has improved significantly since the Pilot Powers were new so maybe that is the reason. After riding for a week or so on my new tires, my chain started making clicking sounds and kind of binding up so I parked her and saved for a new chain and sprockets. I got them in and I wasn't happy with the new small sprocket because some of the tips are pointy and some are as they should be so I requested a replacement. My bike is ready now and I will pick her up from the shop in the morning which makes me very happy. I just thought I would check and see if anyone wants the new small sprocket. I am still kind of new to all of this, maybe it would be just fine. If anyone wants it they can have it for shipping cost. I have included a pic. I just hate to throw it away or let it sit around and never use it. Like I said, some of the tips are pointy instead of coming to a flat top like usual but I am not sure if that would matter or not.
    Attached Files

wow that looks horride.
    Combat Veteran of the United States Marine Corps-0311

Comment

That's what I thought to and some of my friends said, "ahh, it'll be fine." I am glad I made them send me a new one. Didn't mean to insult you guys by offering it, I thought maybe that's how some of them came. The company assured me that they don't deal in used parts so I am curious how it happened. They were willing to replace it at no cost to me but because I needed it the next day I had to pay $35 for an over-nite fee. Then, the next day we couldn't get the allen bolt that holds the front sprocket off so I had to take it to the shop. It sucks because I basically wasted the $35. I am glad that it is all done now though. Just got to go pick her up and put the plastics back on and ride.

Comment

Mind if I ask what brand of sprocket that is? Because it is beyond horribly made...
        1992- project katfighter
        2005- GSXR750
        2001- TL1000R
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
        www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

D2Moto. I googled the part number. VSF513-15
          Last edited by arsenic; 09-09-2012, 09:37 PM.

Comment

I wouldn't have thought it possible but it appears the quality of D2Moto stuff is actually getting worse. A bit of cheap bling might be OK, but chains, sprockets, brake pads ... these things are kinda important.

Comment

Originally posted by TRPUT View Post
              I wouldn't have thought it possible but it appears the quality of D2Moto stuff is actually getting worse. A bit of cheap bling might be OK, but chains, sprockets, brake pads ... these things are kinda important.
              Ditto. I got some cheap parts from them, they were DEFINITELY cheap. No way in hell would I go for anything thats actually important from them.

Got a VOLAR chrome stator cover from them, 2 years later its still sitting in the garage with the chrome peeling off
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

It was D2Moto. The replacement one that I got is perfect. I was shopping for cheap sprockets and chain so I guess I deserved it. I hope my chain is good quality. If I am not mistaken it is a VOLAR chain.

Comment

I have a blue volar chain on the way from d2. I heard some bad reviews on. Olar chains. We will see how it holds up
                  Combat Veteran of the United States Marine Corps-0311

Comment

Working...
                  X