X

Petcock help!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petcock help!

Okay guys I know petcock questions have been asked a million times but I feel I might have a question too specific to search for. Anyway, upon inspection of my petcock, I realized that there is no spring in the rear where the diaphragm is. My question is this, does anyone know the spring rate/size to replace it or where a stock one could be found? Also, might it just be easier to purchase a new "used" petcock in working order to save some trouble. Thanks for your help with this.

Edit: so I've looked at the rebuild kits and the piece I need, the large rear spring, is not included. Aside from a new petcock, can I purchase a spring that is similar and will work? Thanks.
    Last edited by Bl@ck_Kat; 09-09-2012, 02:37 PM.

pre or post?

97 Katana 600

Comment

Rebuild kits are like 30$ on ebay, at least then your getting a new rebuilt petcock with all new parts vs getting something used and who knows how long it will last if its even working.

The guy i bought my bike from about a month ago said he rebuilt the petcock on my 600 90 kat but after I put fuel in it it leaks fuel in the res/on position but not nearly as much as in the prime position. I will prob have to do petcock rebuild as well.
      1990 TURBO Kat 600 G15 hidden turbo 12psi
      fender eliminator w/led integrated tail light
      55w dual HID bixenon projector w/halo, blue lighting
      R6 shock, Custom billet mirrors, oil temp/boost gauges
      Post rim swap 170/120 tires, EBC pads/rotors, G&J lines

Comment

yea. e bay would be the way to go.gotta have gas for your kitten to purrrrr
        im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

It's a pre. I will check eBay, thanks guys. Figured I'd exhaust all options!

Comment

Another thing, does that spring limit the movement of the diaphragm thus not allowing fuel into the motor.

Comment

Edited the first post but I guess I should put this here.

Edit: so I've looked at the rebuild kits and the piece I need, the large rear spring, is not included. Aside from a new petcock, can I purchase a spring that is similar and will work? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X