Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Anyone got some specs on vortex clipons?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got some specs on vortex clipons?

Im trying to figure out the exact height of the body of the clipon that attaches to the fork tube,so I can raise the forks up to bolt them on. I havent gotten them yet but im gettin it ready to finish it up just waiting for them to arrive
    1992 kawa Zx-7 -750cc
    2003 fairings,1995 gas tank,polished frame,muzzy titanium exhaust,Unknown jet kit,520 chain conversion,polished forks,race tail,fcr flatside carbs...
    sigpic1989 katana 1100F,v&H exhaust,FP jet kit,FP advancer,avon venom tires,polished swingarm,NRC covers ,big bore kit,manual cam chain tensioner,k&n filters .
    Burn rubber, not your soul. Ride among us.
    A.S.E. master certified auto tech

anyone?
    1992 kawa Zx-7 -750cc
    2003 fairings,1995 gas tank,polished frame,muzzy titanium exhaust,Unknown jet kit,520 chain conversion,polished forks,race tail,fcr flatside carbs...
    sigpic1989 katana 1100F,v&H exhaust,FP jet kit,FP advancer,avon venom tires,polished swingarm,NRC covers ,big bore kit,manual cam chain tensioner,k&n filters .

Comment

I had the Vortex clip-on on my 05 750 and didn't need to lower anything ... they fitted perfectly after removing the triple tree .. 30 minutes and I was ready to ride
      Guylaine
      Try and keep up now

Comment

Originally posted by GSkyX-R1000 View Post
        I had the Vortex clip-on on my 05 750 and didn't need to lower anything ... they fitted perfectly after removing the triple tree .. 30 minutes and I was ready to ride
        got any pics of the vortex set up?
        98 GSX750F
        95 Honda VT600 vlx
        08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Guylaine
          Try and keep up now

Comment

I have an 1100 the stock handlebars sit on top of the triple tree and the fork tubes are even with the triple tree so to lower the front i have removed the stock HB's slid the fork tubes up through the triple tree and now have to bolt the clip ons on there to the exposed fork sections so what i need to know is how thick is the height of the part on the clipons that bolt to the fork tubes?
            1992 kawa Zx-7 -750cc

Comment

right here is what I need a measurement on
              Attached Files
              1992 kawa Zx-7 -750cc

Comment

can't help you there .... don't have the kat anymore .....
                Guylaine
                Try and keep up now

Comment

Hang on let me measure mine real fast.....

30 mm height
                  Last edited by Sundowner; 12-22-2008, 08:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Thanks

next set of question..
                    was it more comfortable with the clip-ons?
                    big increase in vibrations etc?
                    98 GSX750F
                    95 Honda VT600 vlx
                    08 Tsu SX200

Comment

Originally posted by Rodimus View Post
                      Hang on let me measure mine real fast.....

30 mm height
                      thanx I highly appreciate it
                      1992 kawa Zx-7 -750cc

Comment

For me it was perfect .... the position was sportier (I now ride a gixxer) and the handling was greatly improuved.

So basicly it's sacrificing a bit of comfort for a better handling in curves. Guess it depends on what you want outta your bike
                        Guylaine
                        Try and keep up now

Comment

Thanks Sky
                          It looks like you used the OEM bars in the vortex clip on clamps correct?
                          Was this to keep the OE bar ends?
                          I've been tossing around the idea for a while now and I like the idea of the sportier position and handling. Plus lighter front end.
                          I was going to swap the brake/clutch over to the GSXR750 so i could use the Vortex levers and lose the bar ends or at least change to alluminum to lighten it a bit more..
                          Last edited by hardlydangerous; 12-23-2008, 02:38 PM.
                          98 GSX750F
                          95 Honda VT600 vlx
                          08 Tsu SX200

Comment

damn HD your a thread jacker..lol JK
                            Anyway I know for a fact my stock clipons on the 1100F weigh in at about 30 lbs for the 2 anytime you can take 30lbs of something this big its definetly a good thing.
                            1992 kawa Zx-7 -750cc

Comment

Working...
                            X