X

"Not your usual fender eliminator" idea

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Not your usual fender eliminator" idea

Just wondering on the legality of this idea, and wondering how many other riders would embrace this idea:

Is it possible to remove the license plate entirely from the bike? My idea was to completely remove the plate, fender, etc... and fab up a clear plastic sheath to sew onto the back of my jacket and/or backpack to slide the license plate into. That way there is no need for a special fab or fender eliminator, just chop the damn thing off and get a hugger or close up the undertail. And since the plate will always be visible when I'm riding... ??? Any problems with this? What do you guys and gals think? Would you do it?
    8) Shirak! 8)

"For the love of God, does no one hear that infernal ringing?!?"

I would be worried about placement as far as injury to yourself in the event you go down hard. Legality, is awfully location specific.
    AMA member # 224227

Comment

I can tell you with out a doubt that in the state of Arkansas that is illegal. Why do I know? Because My best friend did something similar to that. That's 1 down, 49 more to go.

Comment

are YOU Licensed or is the BIKE...what happens when you park the bike illegally and they want to issue a parking ticket? How are you going to illuminate it....what happens if you sit on the back of someone elses bike, or if another person is riding your bike?

Dealers can use a hanging plate because it is issued to the dealership...not the bike

Comment

Originally posted by Range
          are YOU Licensed or is the BIKE...what happens when you park the bike illegally and they want to issue a parking ticket? How are you going to illuminate it....what happens if you sit on the back of someone elses bike, or if another person is riding your bike?

Dealers can use a hanging plate because it is issued to the dealership...not the bike

Hey... that's what I was gonna say!

Comment

wouldnt try it in PA either..u'll have every cop from the donut shop, and right down the old retired detective agency rent a cops on your butt for that.

when you park, if there is no plate visible for identifcation, ur liable to walk back to an empty parking spot.

Comment

.....or if you don't whata fabricate plate brackets may I suggest simply duct taping the plate to the tail section and don't be shy, really tape it up good.
              I don't need a girlfriend... Windows goes down on me everyday!

Comment

Originally posted by KitKat
                .....or if you don't whata fabricate plate brackets may I suggest simply duct taping the plate to the tail section and don't be shy, really tape it up good.
                I've seen it done. and those tie wraps too!!
                - It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

- Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Comment

Wouldn't be legal in Mass. either. 2 down 48 more to go. Besides if you park a motorcycle or car without tags on a public street it will be towed.
                  '92 Kat restoration/mod project

Comment

NO NEED TO REPLY ANYMORE PEOPLE!

I think I have blown his idea out of the water! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Comment

On a different note, there are ways of mounting it on your swingarm, so it doesn't use the rear fender area.

Cheers
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Illegal here in TN to. Improper display. Also they would think the bike is stolen and the plates as well.
                        www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Okay, okay... Bad idea. Guess I didnt think that one through. (Illumination being the only real problem, though. You could have two mount hooks under the tail to mount the plate once you're off the bike, but, yeah, you're all right. Too much trouble, I guess...)

And...

8) Shirak! 8)

"For the love of God, does no one hear that infernal ringing?!?"

Comment

In Canada the Law states that a licence plate or plate must be attached securly to the vehicle or trailer that the plate is registered to and be luminated so as to be visable to other vehicles
                            Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

Here in KY they would beat you and drag you behind a truck for that stupid shiet.....lol.

Do what I did. I cut everything off and mounted my plate way up under the tail, and mounted a license plate light under there with it. I didnt have a light on it at first and got pulled over and was told I could keep the plate there as long as I put a light on it. I ended up mounting the blinkers under there too..
                              Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X