X

Old kat with new look

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curseboy View Post
    I like the mods, putting new technology in old vehicles is good, especially when it improves handling and ride. I don't equate this to putting spinners on a k-car, I think that's a false analogy.
    I guess that all depends on what that old vehicle stands for in your mind. I don't own an old kat for it's ride and handling. I own mine to preserve and enjoy the way it was made....bone stock. If I want handling and improved ride, I will buy a more modern bike.

and for the record, never said I disliked the mods. I just stated that as long as he has gone this far, there could be room for improvement.

Originally posted by il_ragazzo View Post
    i kinda wanna see the dual shocks back there. I'd prolly say it was perfect if you fabbed up some adjustable bracket that mounted to the swing arm and gave it adjustable dual shocks. i think thats what i liked about the old kats . dual shocks. that may be why every one's attention is drawn to the seat. they feel something is missing from the rear of the bike. they are right. but this is just my opinion. other wise i like it.
    ya...that too. could be cuz the bike is still somewhat close to stock in appearance, thus you notice the missing dual shocks. that is what I meant when I said the kats are tricky to mod out. you gotta go all the way, or it just looks "off".

still a nice bike. I am in no way knocking it. He asked, I answered...simple as that. It looks good, but I think it could look better. just being honest about it.
    Last edited by Mojoe; 11-24-2009, 04:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

looks very good! just curious as too what you did to make that swingarm fit. and what is it from
      sigpicwww.violationmotorcyclegear.com
      www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe View Post
        I guess that all depends on what that old vehicle stands for in your mind. I don't own an old kat for it's ride and handling. I own mine to preserve and enjoy the way it was made....bone stock. If I want handling and improved ride, I will buy a more modern bike.
        Spinners on a hoopty = mod for looks
        Modern suspension on a 1st gen Katana = not just for looks.

That's all I am saying. That's my perspective. Here's another old kat somebody fixed up http://motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/C...teve_adams.htm

Comment

It's looking good so far... keep up the good work!

Mike, there's an old Katana in Kitchener I know you'd think is awesome. It's totally done up, and it's the cleanest looking, balls to the wall modified bike I've ever seen. I'm going to snap some pictures of it next time I'm in the area at one of the bike nights.
          My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

I'd hit it ...
            The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

nice ride :

Comment

Sweeeet ride...
                sigpic

Comment

I'm gonna side with the Mojoe camp on this one.Nice but to me it detracts from the original, hard to improve on styleing. It can be done but not easily, and probably not cheaply, in my opinion.
                  The classic Kat is ( to me) somewhat like an early E type Jaguar, how can you improve on that styling?

Comment

Mods

Busa swing arm

My vision were to build a new era cat and this were the pic in my head, Gsxr 1100 m engine, Busa front forks and swing arm ,Gsxr 1000 Rims all in a kat frame and body .and let me tell you this was not easy to fit a busa swingarm in a kat frame

Improvement ? yes 100% i have a sv 1000 and a gsxr 1000 and if i must choose a bike for the track out of the three it would be the kat, it is faaaaaaaaaaaaantastick
                    Last edited by Disco; 12-17-2009, 04:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

cool

Comment

very cool

Comment

Oil.... Air... don't they smell the same... only different nostril.

Comment

pretty sweet buddy
                            2000 suzuki katana gsx600f

1997 yamaha yzf-1000

2002 honda recon 250es

Comment

Why was it "not easy" to put a Busa arm in a Kat frame? I'm doing the same thing & haven't found it difficult. Ray.
                              85GS1150E 83GS1100SD 83GS1100ES 82GS1000SZ 96GSXR1500DRAGBIKE 96GSXR1400DRAGBIKE 90GSXR1166DRAGBIKE 05SDG110PITBIKE & 8 QUADS!!! "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid!" John Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by suzukiray View Post
                                Why was it "not easy" to put a Busa arm in a Kat frame? I'm doing the same thing & haven't found it difficult. Ray.
                                Yes it is easy when you just chuck it in ,But when you position the shock to the exact gradient as the busa it's quite tricky to get all the spares under the seat again.

Comment

Working...
                                X