X

How to adjust rear suspension on 1999 Kat 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to adjust rear suspension on 1999 Kat 600

I adjusted the front forks to the 2nd hardest position and really like the feel and feedback i'm getting. Put the bike up on the centre stand and tried to adjust the rear pre-load. I used the special tool for this from the tool kit but couldn't get it to budge. I tried going in from the chain side just above the chain but found I couldn't get enough leverage to give it a good turn. Couldn't find the adjustment for the shock dapening either on the rear. The preload is currently set at 4 in the rear. I'm thinking of moving it up to 5 or possible even 6 and stiffening up the shock as well. I'm about 5'11, 200lbs. Any help you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I did do a search but couldn't find exactly what i was looking for. Thanks again.

Try using a pipe over the adjuster handle if you can get room for leverage. Or pull the shock and adjust on the bench.
    Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
    Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Working...
    X