X

caliper help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• caliper help

trying to figure out if the 98+ calipers are the same mounting points as the GS500F caliper.

gs500f caliper

98+ Katana 600

if so I had made up brake caliper adapters for a 4 piston and 6 piston set up that bolt right onto the GS500F and quite possibly will bolt on the GSX600F...

Soo if someone wants to be a guinea pig let me know preferably someone in the chicagoland area

Those GS500 calipers look similar to the Bandit 600 calipers. They are the T-Pot style ones, correct ? ... Meaning they only have pistons on one side.
    I was doing some research on swaps not too long ago and I believe the Katanas have different spacing. I think I got my info from a Bandit forum because the Bandit 600 guys seem to not like those.
    I'm not %100 positive, so don't hesitate to continue your research.
    My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

If memory serves...

The GSF500 uses the same front end forks and wheel as the Pre katana.

Post would not match up. Pre would. For the mounting holes that is.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

i have a 96 bandit 600 my brake calipers look the same as your first picture in your first post and my measure 80mm center to center for the mounting bolts.
        1990 katana 1100

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
          If memory serves...

The GSF500 uses the same front end forks and wheel as the Pre katana.

Post would not match up. Pre would. For the mounting holes that is.

Krey

I tried mounting to my 95 Kat and it's indeed different. The post looks to use the same caliper and I"ll check the measurements tomorrow from hole to hole.
          Last edited by ASCoatings; 11-08-2015, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Any update on this ?
            I was thinking of buying some Bandit 600 forks at one time for my Katana 1100. I would like to have a set of brackets for different brakes if I choose that route.
            My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

still haven't found a 98+ kat to do a test fit.

No one on the local forum want to help

so i'm still searching. I might just order a katana caliper and see if it matches the GS500 caliper and bracket.

if so then I'll know it will work.

Comment

Working...
              X