Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Trying some custom work, tell me what you think.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying some custom work, tell me what you think.

So, a friend of mine told me he got laid off and wanted to sell his bike. Well it was a 96 katana 750. It was partially disassembled and it had a salvage title. He wanted $700 for it. I thought that was a little steep for a salvage bike. Well eventually, after about a week of asking me if i wanted it, he told me $150. So I thought.. what the heck, why not. The engine has got to be worth that much.

Now I am quite excited about getting it done for the summer. I am doing some body mods. And swaping it all to a frame with a good title. The frame is a 92 kat 600. I have found some tiny differences but nothing I cant overcome.

This is turning out to be a lot of fun, and a heck of a lot easier than doing this sort of stuff to cars. I might really get into this.

Tell me what you think and I appreciate any suggestions.

I will try to keep this updated as I make progress.

So here is the pile I got..

for101_0364.JPG

This is the good titled frame That I am starting to mock stuff up on.

f101_0368.JPG

I got a gsxr1000 tail and am fitting it to the frame.

f101_0388.JPG

f101_0392.JPG

f101_0429.JPG

Also putting a gsxr front on it

f101_0447.JPG

f101_0464.JPG
    92 Kat 600
    mods so far:
    -96 750 engine -04 gsxr1000 rear fairings -02 gsxr 1000 6" rear wheel -and f upper fairings -190/50r17 tire -custom extended swing arm -02 gsxr rear brakes -520 chain conversion -gsxr forks and front end -undertail exhaust -04 yam r1 pegs and shifter -750 rear suspension -+2 rear sprocket -minus 1 f sprocket
    www.myspace.com/waltwallace

Looks good so far...I did something very similar with my old gsxf.
    By the way...I think that might actually be my old gas tank

Comment

Wow! I think that is going to look really nice when you get it all done! Definitely keep us updated on the progress with more great pics!
      2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
      BMC Notorious 918 HT
      2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

good luck with the build!! lookng good so far!!
        sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
        k9 GSX-R 600
        GO VOLS!

Comment

i am suprised that back tire still hold air
          Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Nice that does look like fun. I tried to find something like that to start out with but had no luck. You're lucky to have found such a good deal!
            Originally posted by katanawarrior
            I keep coming here because of the smileys, really.

Comment

actually i dont think it does. I think the kid that owned it before peeled out with it until it wouldnt hold air anymore.

Originally posted by Shifty View Post
              Nice that does look like fun. I tried to find something like that to start out with but had no luck. You're lucky to have found such a good deal!
              Yeah it was a good find. 150 for the 750 kat and 125 for the frame with title. So far i have 275 into it. That is why i am not afraid to cut into it. If it were a newer bike that i paid a good buck for I probably would not be so willing to cut it up.

Shifty, is that gsxf decal factory? If not where did you get it?
              Last edited by walwal63; 12-21-2008, 09:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              92 Kat 600
              mods so far:
              -96 750 engine -04 gsxr1000 rear fairings -02 gsxr 1000 6" rear wheel -and f upper fairings -190/50r17 tire -custom extended swing arm -02 gsxr rear brakes -520 chain conversion -gsxr forks and front end -undertail exhaust -04 yam r1 pegs and shifter -750 rear suspension -+2 rear sprocket -minus 1 f sprocket

Comment

Looks good. $700 down to $150, quite the bargainer.

Comment

Looks good, wish I had the patience for it.
                  sigpic
                  1990 750 KAT, 2010 ZX-14

Comment

Can't wait to see the progress. Keep the pics and updates coming it looks great so far.

Comment

yeah that has potential for KOTM/KOTY when finished...
                      Very nice

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by walwal63 View Post
                        Shifty, is that gsxf decal factory? If not where did you get it?
                        PM sent!
                        Originally posted by katanawarrior
                        I keep coming here because of the smileys, really.

Comment

I really like the way this is going but i would do something with those bottom subframe rails, cut them out & put some new ones in higher up to make the back end look slimmer maybe
                          Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

definitely reminds me of my old gsxf when it was finished!

Comment

Originally posted by tone View Post
                              I really like the way this is going but i would do something with those bottom subframe rails, cut them out & put some new ones in higher up to make the back end look slimmer maybe
                              Oh absolutely, I think I am going to gut the vertical ones out to.
                              92 Kat 600
                              mods so far:

Comment

Working...
                              X