No announcement yet.
X

Carbon fiber for the masses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i DO think you should brand your work, Something small like a stamp or something on the back side in the epoxy, or something little
    03/03/2010 - got 99 Kat 750 ,881 miles,blue, STOCK.
    04/03/2010 - 2069 miles. Burley frame sliders, mesh mod, carbs overhauled.
    08/05/2010 - 8562 Miles, SS lines, shovel del., int. brake light
    10/08/2010 - 9862 miles, GSXR cams, futomo Valve
    05/22/2011- 11884 Miles, -GSXR cams -Futomo Valve +advancer

Comment

Originally posted by Crash View Post
      No one will probably have to worry about the fairings since im close to Chris. The only fairing piece i dont have is the belly fairing which im working on getting. Everything else I would be more then wiling to let him borrow for however long.
      He could of used the ones I have for molds. I have the other piece, but not together. Would make an excellent molding piece! YEAH, YEAH!
      R.I.P. CYBERPOET

***WE WILL RIDE TOGETHER AGAIN ONE DAY***

Comment

I'm going to stick with making the standard post and pre fairings. I'll also do the under tails for both and an assortment of solo cowls. Oh and the chain guard and rear huger. I have the mold materalz on order. I'm going to order a roll of cf and some epoxy and other misc items like paint brushes. This way I can make that rear view mirror and chain guard once everything gets in. I'm excited.
        I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
        -Unholy m-
        Current project: Un-Katchable
        sigpic

Comment

i am definatly interested in a full set for a pre let me know when ur up and running

Comment

Originally posted by chrisgreer23 View Post
            He he, I'll sell you the f'ed up pieces that don't come out right lol.
            Hey as long as they are strong and don't fall apart is all I'm looking for. lol
            My Addiction (94 600 Kat)

Addicted to Modification since... 1995!
            Electrical Tape, Zip-Ties, and Rivets are more like accents then eye sores.

Comment

I'm going to stick with making the standard post and pre fairings. I'll also do the under tails for both and an assortment of solo cowls. Oh and the chain guard and rear huger. I have the mold materalz on order. I'm going to order a roll of cf and some epoxy and other misc items like paint brushes. This way I can make that rear view mirror and chain guard once everything gets in. I'm excited.
              so your only making fairings, under tails ,chain guards and hugers?
              i'll be wanting a hugger.

so i guess the carbon fiber valve & counter sprocket covers and gas tank are out?

also if i send you my g/f could you make a carbon fiber version of her too?
              Last edited by il_ragazzo; 09-20-2010, 01:13 AM. Reason: carbon fiber fever.
              Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
              Tony
              94 Katana 600

Comment

i am definatly interested
                sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

well gas tanks wouldnt be hard to do and i think that would be a big seller in here.....
                  time to nut up or shut up
                  Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
                  The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

Question is will this service be open for non-American members too? A purpose built pre carbon fibre hugger is a 'Does Want!' here.

Comment

well he said to all kr members so im assuming that means other than US too
                      time to nut up or shut up
                      Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
                      The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by 1990gsx 600 View Post
                        well he said to all kr members so im assuming that means other than US too
                        Given the cost of international postage, I'll let him answer the question of where he's considering shipping for himself without assuming.

Comment

OOO Carbon Fiber Gas tank cover!!! its would be a simple Make (few bends, nothing major, lots of flat areas!! the cheapest i could fine online was some 400$ for a Stinking Cover!

that would be a GREAT idea

to attach the finished project thin magnets could be used to hold it!

looks badass, and good protection!
                          03/03/2010 - got 99 Kat 750 ,881 miles,blue, STOCK.
                          04/03/2010 - 2069 miles. Burley frame sliders, mesh mod, carbs overhauled.
                          08/05/2010 - 8562 Miles, SS lines, shovel del., int. brake light
                          10/08/2010 - 9862 miles, GSXR cams, futomo Valve
                          05/22/2011- 11884 Miles, -GSXR cams -Futomo Valve +advancer

Comment

I can do international shipping. Also other specialty parts I will be welcome to do but not for a little while
                            I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
                            -Unholy m-
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by phil823 View Post
                              i DO think you should brand your work, Something small like a stamp or something on the back side in the epoxy, or something little
                              What do you suppose the brand be? I could be boring and simply put my name. Or maybe CC (Carbon Creations, or Carbon Craft).

Does anyone know about the legality of this little business? I'll be producing parts for myself as well as others. So f someone asks me, I can say It's all for personal use. Anyone know what the law is on reporting incomes for tax perposes? I do realize that operating a business in a residential are isn't such hot thing to do but at the moment while i do things on a small scale, I don't care.

If anyone can tell me what the law says then I'll at least know what to do to skirt arounds things. Knowing is half the battle.
                              Last edited by chrisgreer23; 09-20-2010, 12:32 PM.
                              -Unholy m-
                              sigpic

Comment

I'll be watching too
                                Tejasandre

Comment

Working...
                                X