X

hauling my bike home

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hauling my bike home

Ok all, I pick up my bike this Friday, and I'm hauling it in a trailer, my reason for hauling is because I'm trading in my bike for the Kat, anyways, where is the best place to put straps on the Kat for safe travel, I'm having a hard time looking where they would go, my V-star has plenty of spots to strap , not sure about the Katana Thanks
    Harley is like McDonald's. Great marketing, no product quality

Go buy a Canyon Dancer. It goes on the handle bars and has a place to straps to hook into. Really a good investment. Or you can get the small straps and loop them over the lower triple tree and strap it down that way.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Have the dealer throw the canyon dancer in on the deal, they did for me..

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
      You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

^ +1

But if they won't thorow 'em in, I've run mine in the back of a Ranger with it strapped at the triple-tree (no Canyon Dancer) and the rear luggage rail thing under the seat. 500 + miles each way and no problems.

Just make sure you don't over-compress the forks or rear shock and you should be fine.
        - Beave

1998 Katana 600 - Traded
        2005 F4i -

Comment

thanks for the replys, I will ask the dealer about it, if not I have 4 straps

Comment

Hey, if they are willing to lose a sale for $30, you should go elsewhere anyway...

my $0.02

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
            You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Originally posted by teddy
              Hey, if they are willing to lose a sale for $30, you should go elsewhere anyway...

my $0.02
              I agree. Not to mention that it sets the tone for the rest of your dealings with them. If they can squeeze an extra 30.00 out of you now, they know they can everytime you come in.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

when I had my bike towed home a few days ago, we took a strap and wrapped it around one bar then across and around the other then strapped it down that way.

Then one through the swingarm, made it all the way home without moving an inch.

Comment

If you can't find a canyon dancer... or it doesn't work... they make these loop straps. Two open loops stiched together at the center. I put one on each side of the lower triple, then use a ratchet strap to yank it down.

Be careful not to compress the forks too far, or you risk popping a fork seal.
                  -Steve

sigpic
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                  Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

And DO NOT cover the bike with tarp when it is on the trailer. Even a little bit of tarp flapping in the wind will scuff up the bike good.
                    Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
                    - Albert Einstein

Comment

sooo, if you're trading in one bike for the new Kat, why can't you ride the V-Star to the dealer and the Kat home?
                      KLR 650, KLR 250, Beta TR 32 trials bike, Katana 600, BMW R65, Tundra V8 4x4

Comment

I was going to do that, but calling for showers that day, and just dont feel like riding in the rain both ways, it's over an hour drive to the dealership, hopefully the weather will change.

Comment

i take a shower every day... but what is "rain"?
                          KLR 650, KLR 250, Beta TR 32 trials bike, Katana 600, BMW R65, Tundra V8 4x4

Comment

Wow , I can't believe nobody's linked him yet .....
                            Please recheck the URL for the proper spelling. Or use our search box at the top of this page to find what you're looking for.
                            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by hellcamp
                              And DO NOT cover the bike with tarp when it is on the trailer. Even a little bit of tarp flapping in the wind will scuff up the bike good.
                              I learned this the real hard way back in 93 when I put a tarp over my truck bed when driving across country! It was ugly
                              "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                              JOHN 16:33

Comment

Working...
                              X