X

Finally Registered

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally Registered

Hey guys. Decided to register. This site seems pretty popular with the Katana community at large.
    My 1982 1000 Katana I just purchased is in route across the USA.
    I should be receiving it Tues.-Wedn. this week.
    It's really clean 7890 original miles.

I had a 82 model 1000 when I was around 19 years old. It had already been crashed, abused, and I bought it wrecked from a guy for 2000.00 back in the day. Little did I know the hard hit it took which destroyed the rear wheel also bent the countershaft in the motor. Ate chains and didn't have good horsepower. I'm guessing slightly twisted crank as well.

History:
    I was a motorcycle mechanic for 20+ years, got out of wrenching in 2009 and got into the Natural Gas business.
    I've always been a GSXR nut.
    I also have a 2007 GSXR 1000 trackbike, ride at Circuit of the Americas every chance I get and other local tracks.
    I also own a pristine 2005 Black and Red GSXR1000.
    The Katana is my most recent purchase. I knew I needed to get one now before they are unobtainable.
    Here is the US. almost impossible to find.
    Usually when you do, it's a basket case or needs entire restoration.
    I lucked into this bike from a forum member at another site and I jumped on it.

Look forward to meeting everyone. I'll post pics when I get the bike in a few days.
    "There's a green blur and a Gray blur. I try to stay on the gray one" Joey Dunlop RIP

Hello, welcome, and congrats on your new bike!

Are katanas really that scarce in Texas? When I bought mine a few years ago there were plenty on Craigslist (SoCal), and still seem to be a few. Not sure how molested they all have been...

Comment

Welcome aboard. Would love to see some pics when it comes in
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Geesxara?
        My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
        2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Originally posted by maniac1886 View Post
          Geesxara?
          Hey, what's up Maniac! Small world, good to see ya over here. Now I don't feel alone haha.
          I got booted from Facebook for not wanting to use my real name(Govt big brother spy program it is)
          Figured I better stay in touch with the Kat community, always good people.

And thanks guys, I appreciate the welcome!!
          "There's a green blur and a Gray blur. I try to stay on the gray one" Joey Dunlop RIP

Comment

My first bike was a katana. Ive spent many hours on this forum. Can't seem to let it go. Lol

I figured it had to be you. Ain't no 2 people buying a cleane big kat and having it shipped in the same week. Lol
            Last edited by maniac1886; 09-18-2017, 06:56 PM.
            My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
            2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Haha so true man.

Comment

Working...
              X