X

82 front wheel

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82 front wheel

Anybody got one for sale in good condition? For an 1100.
    Last edited by johnod; 04-15-2010, 06:28 PM.

Originally posted by johnod View Post
    Anybody got one for sale in good condition?
    Lots of options on ebay... depending on the specific style your looking for. Keep in mind that sometimes wheels were used for other models as well.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I'll be pulling one from my other 82 750 today, let me check it out a little closer and send you some photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Waltari View Post
        I'll be pulling one from my other 82 750 today, let me check it out a little closer and send you some photos.
        That would be great, I forgot to mention it is for an 1100, not sure if size is different.

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
        Lots of options on ebay... depending on the specific style your looking for. Keep in mind that sometimes wheels were used for other models as well.

Krey
        Original.
        Last edited by johnod; 04-15-2010, 06:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Original.

Yeah... I kinda got that... but in the 81-83 years there was a spoke change for the wheels. Also the same wheel your looking for "original" may have been used on another bike in the same time frame and would be a good option to use as well.

But...

With that informative of an answer I'm sorry I tried to help. I'll excuse myself.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

That would be great, I forgot to mention it is for an 1100, not sure if size is different.
            I've got a stock 1100 I'm working on in the shop so I'll compare to see if there are any differences.

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post

Yeah... I kinda got that... but in the 81-83 years there was a spoke change for the wheels. Also the same wheel your looking for "original" may have been used on another bike in the same time frame and would be a good option to use as well.

But...

With that informative of an answer I'm sorry I tried to help. I'll excuse myself.

Krey
              Sorry if I've offended you.
              To my knowledge all 82 1100 kats had the same wheels.
              There are wheels on other bikes which look similar, but it's hard to know till you've the part numbers or the item in your hands.

I've got a stock 1100 I'm working on in the shop so I'll compare to see if there are any differences.
              Thanks, I'm curious myself, for some reason i think they are different sizes. Not sure tho.
              Last edited by johnod; 04-15-2010, 08:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Sorry if I've offended you.
                To my knowledge all 82 1100 kats had the same wheels.
                There are wheels on other bikes which look similar, but it's hard to know till you've the part numbers or the item in your hands.

Not offended, just felt like I wasted my time in attempting to point out that there are other options for you to find parts you need, yet seemed like it was just dismissed.

For example... one of the stock wheels manufactured in 1982 fits the following 33 machines.... This is for the "X" spoke design.

1978 Suzuki GS1000EC
                1978 Suzuki GS550EC
                1978 Suzuki GS750EC
                1979 Suzuki GS1000EN
                1979 Suzuki GS1000LN
                1979 Suzuki GS1000SN
                1979 Suzuki GS425LN
                1979 Suzuki GS550EN
                1979 Suzuki GS550LN
                1979 Suzuki GS750EN
                1979 Suzuki GS750LN
                1979 Suzuki GS750N
                1980 Suzuki GS1000ET
                1980 Suzuki GS1000ST
                1980 Suzuki GS1100ET
                1980 Suzuki GS1100LT
                1980 Suzuki GS450LT
                1980 Suzuki GS550ET
                1980 Suzuki GS550LT
                1980 Suzuki GS550T
                1980 Suzuki GS750ET
                1980 Suzuki GS750LT
                1981 Suzuki GS1100EX
                1981 Suzuki GS450TX
                1981 Suzuki GS550TX
                1981 Suzuki GS750LX
                1982 Suzuki GS1000SZ
                1982 Suzuki GS1100EZ
                1982 Suzuki GS450TZ
                1982 Suzuki GS550MZ
                1982 Suzuki GS750EZ
                1983 Suzuki GS1100ED
                1983 Suzuki GS1100ESD

That said, there is also the 6 spoke non crossing design used in that time frame... There are examples out there that suggest this wheel could have also been found on early 80s Kats, and well.. .there wasn't a specific model number with your original request.

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Comment

Well, I checked the two tonight (my 750 and the customer 1100 - both 82's) and the rims are exactly the same (both spoke style and size). Need to pull a few things out to get some photos, but if you want it, you can have the rim for $50 + shipping (should be $40-45 shipping).

Comment

Well, I checked the two tonight (my 750 and the customer 1100 - both 82's) and the rims are exactly the same (both spoke style and size). Need to pull a few things out to get some photos, but if you want it, you can have the rim for $50 + shipping (should be $40-45 shipping).

Sounds good to me, let me know how you want to be paid, when you get the shipping quote. I'd like to see the photos when you get a chance.
                    Thanks

O, shipping to MI zip 48039

john

Comment

Sounds good to me, let me know how you want to be paid, when you get the shipping quote. I'd like to see the photos when you get a chance.
                      Thanks

O, shipping to MI zip 48039

john

Ok, I'll pull the rim today, get you some photos, and get it boxed for a shipping quote. Paypal is fine for payment...I'll pm you a total with shipping and my paypal address with the photos.

Cheers

Matthew

Comment

Ok, I'll pull the rim today, get you some photos, and get it boxed for a shipping quote. Paypal is fine for payment...I'll pm you a total with shipping and my paypal address with the photos.

Cheers

Matthew

OK PP works fine for me.

Thanks

john

Comment

Working...
                        X