Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Need some advice and opinions...seat reupolstery...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some advice and opinions...seat reupolstery...

I want to start some fancy mods on my bike so I am starting with the seat. I wanted to reupolster it with a diamond plate vinyl material. I was looking for a gold or red material but all they make is chrome and black (see link below):

On the same site I found carbon fiber vinyl in red and a brushed gold...Now the question is should I settle for the black diamond plate or go with a gold or red color. You can see what I am riding by clicking my ride under my profile...other mods that I will be doing is powder coating the swing arm, top tripple and bar ends gold. The chain adjusters will be powder coated red...that's it for now...but any comments would be appreciated...
    Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

That is so cool, I saw the "pimp my ride" that they did the seat covers in that stuff. Very neat.

I would go with the chrome for sure, if you don't I will!!
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

uh oh, don't show beek that chrome fabric

If you could get a black carbon fiber, with red accents, i think that would look great. Kinda tough to describe, basically plain carbon fiber with strands of red woven through.

Comment

I think the chrome would look great with the red!!!!

Comment

You can go with whatever you want and then recolor it red if you want using Colorite's red vinyl color kit.

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Correction: Dupli-Color is the color-vinyl spray that I was thinking of. Dave Bowman (2 Guys Garage, Shadetree Mechanic) was talking to me about it last week. Here's the link and some videos of how to use it:

Product: http://www.duplicolor.com/products/vinyl.html

Application Videos (general):
            http://www.duplicolor.com/media/2guys.html

Vinyl Application video (specific - QuickTime):
            http://www.duplicolor.com/media/Duplicolor-302L.html

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

nevermind

Comment

Thanks for the advice and the information. I decided to go with the chrome diamond plate (as they call it) Also ordered the Carbon Fiber Vinyl samples and asked for a sample of the Black Diamond Plate. I have another set of seats and can do the second in another style. That way I can inter change seats and mix n match colors...
                Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

thanks for the link....it is giving me something new to think about. I have a corbin with a tear in it that needs a new cover. I would prefer leather though, so if you run across any links with leather it would be cool.
                  I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Great, now there's something else to add to the mod list. and since my cowl is staying on, that puts a corbin or gel out for me, for awhile anyways.. so this could work out sweet !! Thanks for the link.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                      thanks for the link....it is giving me something new to think about. I have a corbin with a tear in it that needs a new cover. I would prefer leather though, so if you run across any links with leather it would be cool.
                      Call John at Corbin's Hollister, CA facility (800 538 7035, x228) and ask him how much they would charge you to recover it.

Cheers
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

has anyone used that vinyl paint? I used it along time ago on a dashboard and old vinyl seats in my chevelle. Worked fine, but i wondered how well it would stay and look on a bike seat?
                        " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Comment

Originally posted by Badkitty
                          has anyone used that vinyl paint? I used it along time ago on a dashboard and old vinyl seats in my chevelle. Worked fine, but i wondered how well it would stay and look on a bike seat?
                          Should work just fine... after all, your bike seat sees about the same butt action as the Chevelle, probably sees less UV most of the time if you use a cover or park under a roof, and the stuff has to be waterproof by definition (so rain shouldn't make any difference). I haven't used it yet, but if Dave (Bowman, a client of mine) says it's good, I trust him.

Cheers
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

cool then i'll have to go get me some, until i get my corbin.
                            " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Comment

Originally posted by Cyber
                              Call John at Corbin's Hollister, CA facility (800 538 7035, x228) and ask him how much they would charge you to recover it.
                              I did call last summer. I don't remember who I spoke with, but between shipping fees and the $45/hr plus material it was going to cost me something $150 to have it recovered by them.
                              I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                              X