Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Anybody with rapid prototyping contacts?? (FDM/SLA/SLS)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody with rapid prototyping contacts?? (FDM/SLA/SLS)

Anybody out there have any inside contacts with a rapid prototyping process?

The more I look at the stock mirrors on the pre, the more I hate them. I like the look of both the JAG and integrated signal mirrors on ebay.

However, (as others have commended) the fairing holes look kind of stupid with the new mirrors.

I was thinking of modeling up a little 1" long transition piece that would mimic the stock mirror and fit the stock fairing hole, then morph to the footprint of the new mirror. That extra inch would also help me clear my wide-*** shoulders...

I'm thinking the ABS-type FDM would be the best way to go- not as high of resolution as the others, but would probably stand up to thermal changes better. That being said, SLA/SLS would probably work fine too. The whole part should be about 3 cubic inches, I'm thinking there should be enough "solid" volume to keep the more brittle rosins of SLA/SLS from cracking.

Can't really afford to spend too much on this - anybody have an "in"?

Or you could be a cheater.

Do what I plan on doing..

I have two trashed pre 98 stock mirrors. I'm going to cut the bases off to fill the fairing impression, and also act as extensions...I haven't decided on what mirrors I want to bolt on though.

Comment

Yeah me too on the mirrors, when I ordered mine back in November last year, I was like: WTF--these are ugly! They do work but when I look at the lines of my pre.........they dont belong. Still looking for the ones that dont droop or look weird.
      sigpic

Comment

i found a solution to the mirrors on my 1100 without using rapid prototyping...

ill post up pics when they are done...

i have no idea if they will fit the other models of a pre.
        bippity-boppity- BACON

"Chatbox slayer..."

Comment

Mickey mouse mirrors ftl.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
          X