No announcement yet.
X

Newest pics of the mutant

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man that is AWESOME!!! Can't wait to see what you do with the remaining panels.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
      So when are you coming out riding?
      Originally posted by Nighthawk
      Now that I've got the "highway pegs" back on (ie. the frame sliders that stick out so far that I can hook my legs over them lol) I think I'm ready for some longer rides just let me know
      I have my bike torn apart today to do some installations of accessories & wiring, and doubt I'll be riding this weekend due to an injury, but if you want to attend the rally (Robbinsville, NC), I will be riding there on day next weekend

I'll be back in a couple weeks if you're not up for that much of a run.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

What seat did you use? and can you tell me what you hade to do to the frame to make this fit? I looking in to this but I have a 02' Kat.

Comment

Originally posted by kickitjp
          Are you gonna get some wider/lower pro tires on the rear?
          I dunno yet, I'm looking into a swingarm swap and if I do it, I'll naturally go with a wider tire in the rear. I guess it depends on what I end up doing with the motor...either 1127 swap or turbo setup (or both )

Originally posted by The CyberPoet

I have my bike torn apart today to do some installations of accessories & wiring, and doubt I'll be riding this weekend due to an injury, but if you want to attend the rally (Robbinsville, NC), I will be riding there on day next weekend

I'll be back in a couple weeks if you're not up for that much of a run.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Haha that's waaaay out of my league...my idea of a long distance ride is up to Hooters for bike night

Originally posted by Kooch80
          What seat did you use? and can you tell me what you hade to do to the frame to make this fit? I looking in to this but I have a 02' Kat.
          I cut the rear subframe off just behind the gas tank and welded on a steel subrame that I made to fit the new tail section/seat. For the upper fairing, I had to remove all the mounting structure in front of the forks and made a new mounting point for the new upper. The sides were the easiest, I just pressed a threaded insert into one side and fabbed up an angle bracket for the other side and bolted them to the frame. The seat was from an '04 gixxer 600.
          --2002 Triumph Daytona 955i
          --'91 Katana 600/'04 Gixxer 600 Hybrid

Comment

tough looking rig.

Comment

The bike is crazy. I wish I had a know how to built/mod one.

Comment

The bike is looking bad ass man, I remember pics of it way back when it was just bits and pieces...AWESOME!! Wish I had the cash and knowledge to do the same to a bike...wanna build one for me? lol

On a sidenote, I think it would look hot with a gp exhaust or a highmount, the stock one just doesnt do it justice.........dont go undertail it will ruin the look unless you get the hotbodies where it has 2 small pipes poking out of the undertail
                Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

I know this is from a year ago, but did Nighthawk do a how to: If so I didn't see it.

Comment

a how to? lol

Probably not, I would assume there was an extensive amount of work put into this project
                    Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
                    18v Rigid Drill
                    Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
                    New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Originally posted by reconstyle View Post
                      a how to? lol

Probably not, I would assume there was an extensive amount of work put into this project
                      Yeah, a how to: would probably be asking too much, but atleast some close up pics of the rear without the plastic so we can get a better idea.

Comment

You might pm BlackKatnWV or donmega as they both did a similar swaps. Different tail sections but the method would be the same. Unfortunately, this swap is not possible without frame cutting, fabricating, welding, and relocation of alot of electronics.

Comment

Originally posted by Waltari View Post
                          You might pm BlackKatnWV or donmega as they both did a similar swaps. Different tail sections but the method would be the same. Unfortunately, this swap is not possible without frame cutting, fabricating, welding, and relocation of alot of electronics.
                          Will do.

Comment

I agree that is looks pretty good, but you have too much negative space under the tail. A hugger might be a good idea....

Comment

yeah, I agree, a hugger would be great.

Comment

wow, definetly a fine beast and a beautiful peice of art if i do say so myself, great job

Comment

Working...
                                X