X

general question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• general question

i have a 1992 katana 600 it has carbs on it just wondering which year they started using fuel injected instead of carbs and what is a good asking price for a bike with fuel injection? im looking to buy a 1999 or 2000 and trying to get this other bike ready for sale.

As far as the Katana, they are all carburated.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by izzydigi2001 View Post
      i have a 1992 katana 600 it has carbs on it just wondering which year they started using fuel injected instead of carbs
      Never.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

the problem im having is now that the days r colder the thing doesnt wanna run right i could run it for 10 hours its gonna be laggy and boggy as hell even if its hot as hell now i take it when its 60 runs like a champ once it hits 50 or lower i can walk faster then the bike will accelerate only reason i asked is cus i saw 2 katanas on craigslist advertised as Fuel injected so i assumed they changed over thanks for the quick reply

Comment

clean your carbs and sync when complete.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran

Comment

You're in the 650F section. They 650 replaced the ancient Kat in 2008. All GSX650Fs are fuel injected and water cooled, but they aren't really Katanas - some people just call them Kats because of the model progression.

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
              clean your carbs and sync when complete.
              +1
              2002 750 Kat
              2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
              2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
              2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
              1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
              2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by TRPUT View Post
                You're in the 650F section. They 650 replaced the ancient Kat in 2008. All GSX650Fs are fuel injected and water cooled, but they aren't really Katanas - some people just call them Kats because of the model progression.
                Yer ugly crap stripped down bandits more like.....Bring back the true KAT..fully faired
                I'm outa here

Comment

Kinda diff question... I have an 02' Kat. If I park at work and go to leave in morning, my bike takes long time to warm. It will hesitate when I roll on throttle until it warms up. Do all carbureted kats cold blooded? Any things I can do to help the problem? If it's parked in garage and take it out early in morning I have no issues and it runs perfect it's just after sitting outside in cold all night!

Comment

see posts above, also set your a/f screws at 2.5 turns out.
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran

Comment

What are the A/F screws?

I have an 02' 750 Kat... If I ride to work and it sits all night. When I get off it's morning and the Kat spits and sputters for a while until it warms up then runs awesome. If I park the bike in my garage and take off from there no sputter or any hesitation.... Why?
                      Last edited by Gpenrod; 04-14-2013, 12:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

All engines take a while to warm up to optimal operating temperature. With carbed engines, it takes even longer. Connecting an AF meter to my Kat has confirmed it takes around 10 minutes of riding in summer for everything to warm up and settle into consistent readings and running. The best you can do is ensure you have clean and well tuned carbs, and then make allowances for the fact you're sitting on an ancient (but enjoyable) piece of machinery and treat it with the respect it deserves.

Comment

Trput thank you for the advice.... These are awesome rides but require respect!

Trput, how is ut in Australia? I'm in California and have always wanted to go to Australia.... Bad ass living there I'm sure! Take it easy brother.
                          Last edited by Gpenrod; 04-14-2013, 01:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                          X